HBO NOW not streaming in HD on mobile devices

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by RealSkyDiver, Apr 9, 2015.

1. RealSkyDiver macrumors 6502

This is completely unacceptable how they launched it without the ability to stream in HD on mobile devices. Also there's a lot of problems with the website as well since it often doesn't stream in HD either and takes forever to load. They better sort this mess out by this Sunday for GOT but as of now it's definitely not worth keeping it beyond the free month.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

HBO Go has been around for a while. We recently dumped our subscription. Streaming directly from them will only work for me if I can pay for a specific show, Game of Thrones, otherwise I'll pick it up through one of the streaming services. Their selection of movies has been lackluster for a long time.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Is HBO Now run by MLB.TV? I knew that was going to happen eventually, which is too bad because HBO Now is terrible.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

I'm with Huntn on this. Long time HBO subscriber who has cut HBO for what I find to be hit and miss for the dough. I wait until Game of Thrones comes on Blu-Ray and then obtain a superior picture and sound at less cost. Plus, included are digital copies to have around on phone or iPad. And it is replay- worthy for me, so it's a good buy.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Sorry for asking this again, but does anyone know if current episodes of Game of Thrones are available to watch via streaming, without an HBO subscription? My research into this seems to indicate "no". I suppose I can re-subscribe during this years season. :-/