Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shiseiryu1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
HBO a la carte

I wish they would let you pay for HBO content for iPad monthly without a cable package.

The only show I watch every week right now is Mad Men. Everything else I can probably live without because I'm too busy to watch that much TV. I might not mind paying to have True Blood or The Pacific on my computer and iPad though... Man I miss the Sopranos.

+1

Yes. My cable bill is currently $20...I'd pay a few bucks more for HBO but I don't want to have to get a "deluxe cable package" and pay for a bunch of stuff I don't want.

cowdog95

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
And since when can somebody start importing liquor and selling it in US stores w/out the FDA approval? Something is in that tequila that should show up in Vince's blood tests; the blow doesn't stay in very long.

Back to topic, someone posted that the HBO GO is an ADDITIONAL $19.99! I looked and can't find that anywhere; anyone else see that? Then again I'm at work and can't view that fancast.com link.

When you goto HBO Go it will send you to Fancast which link you to xfinity. xfinity is $19.99 a month which is the only way you can watch HBO shows (Comcast) via the internet. It's the classic bait and switch!

PerfSeeker

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
As long as it works the same way as Netflix - I can quit and resume in progress, not any of this 24-hour window business.

GamecockMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2005
Columbia, SC
The only reason HBO has to deliver special App for iPad is inability of iPad to run Flash.

The only reason HBO has to deliver an iPad app is really quite simple...BECAUSE THEY THINK IT WILL MAKE THEM MONEY. If they didn't believe that, they wouldn't bother.

I know it causes Apple haters like you great pain every time you see yet another ad/commercial where a major corporation touts their new iPhone/iPad app, but it's something you'd better get used to, because it's not slowing down anytime soon.

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
Lol. With the rising cost of higher education, I find this hysterical.

How? Rent goes up every year. The only real perks about living on-campus is that all utilities are included at a price similar to off-campus housing that don't get all of the utilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.