Healthkit and Fitbit

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AngusW, Oct 6, 2014.

1. AngusW macrumors 6502

AngusW

Has anyone been able to connect fitbit to health kit yet? If so how do I get them to talk with one another.

2. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

No, since Fitbit is not integrating HealthKit right now and they are not planning to do so in the near future.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really? Where did you hear that?

4. seme332 macrumors regular

seme332

Another forum member posted a quote from an email they sent him in a different post.

5. muon25 macrumors member

muon25

This is the reply that I received from Fitbit:

Thanks for your question about HealthKit.

We don't have immediate plans to integrate with HealthKit. We'll watch HealthKit closely as it matures and look for opportunities to improve the Fitbit experience. In the meantime we'd like to hear more from you about what you'd like to see in a HealthKit and Fitbit integration. Please share your ideas in ourcommunity at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Integrate-with-iOS-8-Health-App/idi-p/319432.

We appreciate your feedback.

Please do let us know if you have further Fitbit product or app integration questions, we will be glad to see them answered.

6. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I was a week one supporter of FitBit years ago and have recommended it to many people. However, their recent inability to work with any thing else and the audacity to make a paid upgrade to even access my own historical data makes me think it is time to move on. I have been wearing a Jawbone UP that I got pretty cheap and I think I might be working with that going forward.

7. DamFu macrumors regular

DamFu

I had a fitbit and found that it was not keeping accurate track of my steps after about a year of use. I bought a Withings Pulse and have been really happy with it. All upgrades are free and I really like the app. My only issue I guess is I am eagerly awaiting their Healthkit integration which was supposed to be out last week but now they say will be this week.

8. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Wow, I was just planning to buy a flex. Guess I will rethink my decision. Just lost a new customer.

9. Marli macrumors regular

Well, they just signed their death warrant.. I have a fitbit and next time around will go with who integrates. probably an Apple Watch.

10. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

Fitbit will likely never suppport Healthkit because if they do, it will kill their devices.

they are in a corner.

Either support healthkit and people will not buy the fitbit devices and use the phone instead

OR

Not use Healthkit and people will assume they are behind the curve so they can keep selling fitbit devices

11. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Fitbit sucks for not supporting HealthKit. Now I have to get a new scale. I will never again buy anything from Fitbit. They will be out of business in less than a year.

12. pallasp macrumors newbie

Healthkit doesn't really do anything useful though. I can already link Fitbit to Myfitness pal, which is useful, linking it to Healthkit accomplishes nothing.

My one beef with Fitbit is that they don't really let you export your full data. I don't care if its exported via Healthkit (which again doesn't do anything) though.

----------

You can probably link Fitbit to Myfitness pal and export your weight to healthkit via Myfitnesspal.

(Steps is a different story, Fitbit doesn't let the user export full step data)

13. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Nope, already tried it.

14. pallasp macrumors newbie

That's odd- withings scale to myfitnesspal to health worked for me, but only for new readings. I had to enable things in the Myfitnesspal app.

15. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

This is unfortunate. I will be purchasing a new device then that will support HealthKit. Wasn't Fitbit on the list of partners Apple showed at the WWDC?

16. jo n oh macrumors newbie

My Fitbit hates me (rash gate ) so I switched back to my old Jawbone Up. I can't believe Fitbit isn't jumping on HealthKit, I always wear my tracker, but I don't always have my phone on hand during the day. I'm seriously considering the Apple Watch just for a smoother experience.

17. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Considering ditching my Fitbit for a jawbone since they support HealthKit. Any advantage or disadvantage the jawbone has over a fitbit?

18. Hustler1337 macrumors 68000

Hustler1337

FitBit are just shooting themselves in their foot if they refuse to integrate with HealthKit. The longer they leave it, the more likely they are to lose their customers to their competitors. I am disappointed with Fitbit and am on of those looking to go elsewhere.

19. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

They were just making it anyway. Smaller company than most think. Out with the old in with the new.

20. jo n oh macrumors newbie

Jawbone has a MUCH nicer interface! As far as hardware, I can only speak for the original one (not the 24 w/Bluetooth), it was unpredictable, sometimes the button to time a workout wouldn't work. The design of the device, while pretty, seems frail. It's also less comfortable.

Fitbit was comfortable (except for my rash), you could tell how close you were to your goal by looking at the hardware. I thought it was pretty solid.

I considered a FuelBand, but didn't want to invest in another tracker until I knew what Apple was up to :/

21. TheDoubler55 macrumors 6502

TheDoubler55

I love my fitbit flex, I actually love their app as well. I dont really mind that it doesnt integrate with Health Kit. The one problem I have with apple at this point is that the nike+ ipod app is no longer available on the iPhone 6's, I also dont see my self using health Kit a lot.

22. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I posted a thread today about Fitbit but now I read your comments/concerns then I think I am not going to buy Flex. :apple:

23. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

They're making users vote on whether or not they want Health integration. Like, really?

24. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Pretty ridiculous. I would love to have all my information in 1 place. As well as other apps being able to see my fitbit data to tailor fitness plans for me.

25. urkel macrumors 68030

Fitbit not supporting healthkit is a big deal because now many of us will have to monitor two apps to see data that should be working together. So I definitely won't buy FitBit again if they don't change their stance.

So whats the best way to get the message to FitBit? Give the app 1 star noting the lack of healthkit support? Emailing them? Yelling into my Fitbit Flex?