Help a Brit...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BBC B 32k, Jun 1, 2016.

1. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Can any of you wonderful Americans let us Brits know who the Premier League Soccer star is that was named today in one of your gossip magazines? Or which magazine ran the story?

Thanks.

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

3. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Would love to help but the news has been saturated with lousy politicians and school shootings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Of course, you know there is an injunction preventing showing those names (who everyone here can see) to anyone in U.K.
    I will honor that injunction, but maybe someone else with different standards will provide you with those names.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

So, the name aside, what is this whole thing about? Perhaps mentioning something about that would be of some help?

6. DeltaMac, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016

DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There are 3 players, and a team manager, all in the English Premier League, that are (independently) apparently involved in sex scandals.
    Those involved have secured an injunction that prohibits the public release of the identities of those involved, at least in the U.K.
    Do I have that part correct?

7. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Was it that scandal involving the three Thailand prostitutes from last year? Or is this a new scandal? American tabloids care more about celebrities and whether or not Hillary Clinton has Alzheimers, evident of the tabloid I saw the other day at the checkout counter at the grocers.

8. mac666er macrumors regular

I'm not American but I'm always in good disposition to helping Brits:

Robbie Keane
    Alan Pardew
    Garett Barry
    Joe Hart

The story is from the fine periodical the National Inquirer.