Help. A strange symbol doesn't go away

Roseattle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Hello everyone,

Attached is the screen shot of my iphone. You can see there is a phone-like symbol on the top right corner between alarm and battery percentage. I was talking on the phone when a second line came. But the phone didn't display the options that to hold and answer (and stuff like this). Thus I couldn't do anything except continue talking on the phone. After I finished the call, this symbol appeared and never went away. I tried reboot and taking out the SIM. No luck. Then I started question my memory:eek:. We normally don't have that symbol when we are not making calls, right?:confused: Can I take it away? I know it is not a big deal, you know, it is just weird.

Thank you~~:)

=================================================
Problem Solved by a Reset (Reset All Settings)

Thank you everyone! Problem solved! I did a reset, the "Reset All Settings" without loosing all data. Everything went back to normal.

More info:
It is jailbroken, iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Firmware 5.11.07.
I used Blackra1n to jailbreak. I got the Internet Tethering back.
I also have GV as someone mentioned.

After the reset, everything went normal. Well, the only problem was the weird icon.

Again, thank you all.:D

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I would go into your settings and go to reset, and then choose reset all settings. You don't loose any data, it will just default your icons back to their original spots and you'll lose your wifi passwords.
And your VVM password will need to be put in again (and your icons will be back to default locations....not a biggie, but just letting you know).

Comment

Roseattle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Okay, what about what I said about call waiting?

It kind of sucks that all the possible icons are not in the manual, huh?
Oh. I also tried to turn on/off the call waiting. Problem persists.

Yea.. It sucks that we don't know all the possible symbols..

Comment

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
It could be GV Mobile. After all, the OP has the GV app. I also have never encountered that symbol before.

Edit - I am positive it's GV mobile, look at the GV mobile phone icon and the top symbol, identical, and there is nothing in the iPhone OS that shows that symbol. Also, the iPhone doesn't seem to be jailbroken.

Comment

Roseattle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2009
Thank you everyone! Problem solved! I did a reset, the "Reset All Settings" without loosing all data. Everything went back to normal.

More info:
It is jailbroke, iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Firmware 5.11.07.

After the reset, everything went normal. Well, the only problem was the weird icon.

Comment

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
It could be GV Mobile. After all, the OP has the GV app. I also have never encountered that symbol before.

Edit - I am positive it's GV mobile, look at the GV mobile phone icon and the top symbol, identical, and there is nothing in the iPhone OS that shows that symbol. Also, the iPhone doesn't seem to be jailbroken.

More info:
It is jailbroke, iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Firmware 5.11.07.

Good you fixed it, but looks like Jav figured out why you got it. Good catch, Jav!

Comment

j.donald

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
i can surely say that's not the TTY symbol,

I think u should , restart it so that the inactive icon goes away, or probably try the reset ,

not sure if it helps but give it a try.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.