Help! Apple store app preorder

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan0917, Sep 11, 2014.

1. ethan0917 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone just quick question, I am planning to use apple store app on iphone tonight to preorder iphone 6. Should I open the app completely until checking eligibility where you should enter your info like zip code and last 4 digit of SSN ? or should I pass that stage? or I should just wait til 12am PST to open up the app? Please help, thanks this is will be my first time order from apple store app. Thanks.:)

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

if you're doing it from the phone you are replacing, and you're on AT&T, after you select the size, color, etc, it should ask if you are replacing this phone. Once you click that, the "add to cart" or " buy now" should activate. That's what happens for me (it actually says not available, but i assume that will change). I don't remember if I ever put in my soc. I think the app knows if you're ordering from an eligible phone.

3. ronm99 macrumors 6502

The app is probably the best way to order. It has worked much better than using the web in the past.

I don't think you need to do anything special. Just be awake at 12am PT and be ready to order. Also ... make sure that your credit card on file is the one you want to use so you don't have to deal with entering that during checkout.

4. techn9ne macrumors member

I don't imagine being at any particular screen will give you a particular advantage over some other screen. Just being online and refreshing the app as much as you can right at 12 will be your best bet. Done a lot of launches or releases in my life and being quick to the draw is the best bet.

5. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

You can go into your account settings and set it so you can just click Buy Now and you don't even have to go through the process of adding it to a cart and filling out shipping/billing info.

6. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

Quick question. Getting Verizon 64GB Gold. Should I put the phone in my cart before 12 so it's already there? Or wait until it's possible to order? Just so there's no bugs or anything that stops me

7. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

There has been an issue with that on the iOS apple store app. You can no longer set it to that setting after that last update. And on a Mac it seems to turn back off after logging out. :( Hope they fix that soon!

8. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Sign in - then retry - I found I had to update my details (didn't have contact numbers) before could turn on.
    Though it might not be express checkout you can at least have all the address billing and shipping, payment info and your contact info all up to date

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

you won't be able to put it in your cart before 12

----------

My express checkout is set up and ready to go

10. DuffCal macrumors newbie

Does Apple.com require a signature for delivery? I can't remember if they did when I ordered my iPhone 5S.

Thanks in advance!

11. stretch80 macrumors regular

stretch80

I'll give it a retry then on my MacBook Air. I just checked again on my iPhone and iPad apps and it's still not available.

12. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Yes

13. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

Lol

14. bucsfan2425 macrumors member

So i don't think i'll be able to pre order from the app.

I'm doing a cross upgrade, and when i click the option to upgrade a different phone on an existing at&t account, its tells me to visit full site. Don't think theres anyway around it besides using my moms phone lol

15. DuffCal macrumors newbie

Thank you!

The pre-order start at 12:00am PST correct?

16. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Correct

17. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

What a productive answer, thank you and kys :)