Help! Apple won't let me change shipping address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KekelaNikol, Oct 7, 2011.

1. KekelaNikol macrumors newbie

So, like many of you I was up at 3am, waited until almost 4am, just to reserve my iphone 4s. I now go to the website to confirm the order and it wants to ship it to an old address in a different state! I am unable to change the shipping address. I see the Edit Shipping Address button, but it is greyed out and I cannot click. I have changed my default address (previous default was another entirely different address) and still nothing. I have tried to call Apple and they aren't accepting calls. Any ideas on how to change the shipping address? Anyone else have this problem? I don't want to place the order unless I know it's going to the right place. Thanks

2. jTreu macrumors 6502

ATT? Apple pulls the address from ATT billing so they can't do anything for you. posted this in another thread.

I have the same issue since I'm at college. Tried on the phone with ATT for 1.5 hours, eventually the guy transferred me and then the next guy hung up on me (wtf?) Decided to go to the ATT store since it's only 10 minutes from me, they placed the order with a different shipping address. I would do that if you have a store near you, trying to do it online/on the phone is a nightmare.

3. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Sorry, nothing much we can do from this end. You can try calling Apple. I was told that Apple pull the info from your existing cell account. So where ever you are getting your bills, it will be shipped there.

The address was clearly labelled at the time of checkout.

4. eff pc macrumors regular

It can only be shipped to the billing address on file with you carrier. You cannot change it. You will need to update your address with your carrier then complete the order (might have to start over to get it to go through)

5. The Reason macrumors member

This happened last year as well, and I was able to use the order status page on apple's site after I placed the order to change the shipping address. I am waiting to do the same thing again, but the order status page has been broken since this morning....

6. Spizzo macrumors 6502

You need to change the shipping address on file with your carrier. Apple ships your phone to your carrier's address on file for you.

I had to change my address with ATT today, and then things worked fine.

7. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea this is what I have heard too. I am trying to login and change it to be delivered to my work address, but the order status page is currently down. I'm sure it will be up in plenty of time to make the change.

8. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

I just called Apple and they updated it for me right away (after 30 minutes on hold)

9. mastercheif91 macrumors regular

I just called apple. I was on hold for about 10 min. I asked if I changed my AT&T billing address if my already acknowledged pre-order would have its shipping address changed, and he said that was unnecessary. He changed my shipping address no problem, and I just got an email from apple saying that the shipping address on my order has been changed :)

10. eff pc macrumors regular

Just noticed too that if you go to check the status of your order (after you place it) - it seemed to allow me to change my address but I didn't need to so I don't know if it will come up with an error or not.

11. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I too had this problem. Once your order is in the "processing" state, then you will be able to change it.

12. Upgraded macrumors regular

I had no problem changing mine yesterday (when it was in the processing state)
    It's now being sent to my office, instead of my home where I won't be.

You should be fine :)

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Same here last year no wait time though.

Just call apple and they'll get you set.

14. rkahl macrumors 65816

Just go to your old address and wait at the door! You know they are coming on friday! LOL

15. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I had this problem too. Couldn't get through to Apple but I called AT&T and they were able to place an order for me with a different shipping address. I did not have to change the billing address on the account. Call AT&T by dialing 611 from your current AT&T phone.

16. iZeeshan macrumors regular

I was able to change the shipping address to my college address which is way different from my billing address.

Is this going to be a problem for Apple though? Will everything still go smoothly or should I call and reconfirm?

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Call Apple, ti was my same problem. Billing address is at my Aunt's in California, I am in college in Louisiana.

I called Apple and they changed it for me. Also, tax went way down.

18. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

You can go online and update the shipping address in your order with no problem. Did it for both of my orders this morning and got the confirmation of change for both shortly thereafter.

19. bmms8 macrumors 68020

this is what i did last year. i should have definitely done the same this year :/

I ordered through att with a rep over the phone and i can only hope everything went okay.

20. AaronHeth macrumors member

I was having the same issue, so I just called Apple and they changed it easily. Got a confirmation email too.