[HELP] Blog Pictures by E-mail?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by macjram, Jun 24, 2009.

1. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Are there any blog sites (preferably one I can upload to my own site ie. Wordpress) that will allow me to blog picutres via email?

I know Wordpress allows me to blog by e-mailing a certain address of my choosing, but it doesn't accept any attachments.

I want to e-mail pictures that will then upload to my site. ie www.twitpic.com I can e-mail and it will upload and post, but I want a blogging tool I can attach to my website.

Does that make sense?

2. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

What I did for a short time was I got an account at Posterous and then I had Posterous post to my blog. So anytime I wanted to post a picture I would email post@posterous.com and it would get posted to the Posterous mini blog and my blog. The subject line was the title for the post and you can write a little something about the picture too if you'd like. It'll resize it as well. You can even have it post to Twitter to if you want.

*Edit*
    Forgot to add some details. You can post to flickr too and say you want to only post to Posterous you would just email posterous@posterous.com. Or maybe just your blog? Then wordpress@posterous.com. Same for Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, so on and so forth.

Lemme know how it works out for you.

3. macjram thread starter macrumors 6502a

macjram

This sounds like a good alternative. I'm just confused on how emailing posterous would add it to my blog?

& also, What size does it resize the image to?

so in theory, it would be like

iPhone > Posterous > My Blog

right? & on my blog I would set the CSS to resize the image to 278x416 so

iPhone > Posterous > Posterous Resize > My Blog > My Blog Resize ?

4. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

5. macjram thread starter macrumors 6502a

macjram

6. SelfMadeCelo macrumors regular

SelfMadeCelo

Hey no problem. After telling you about it I kind of want to start using it again lol

7. macjram thread starter macrumors 6502a

macjram

Hahah, I have a little idea that I'm gonna try it out on. I'll let you know when I'm done (whether you like it or not, haha jk).

Just one more quick question: Did you get to choose your username? They made one for me and its random haha.

edit; nevermind, I just "claimed" it haha.

THanks again !