Help! Calendar refuses to sync since Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by baryon, Oct 31, 2013.

1. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

I have a 2nd Gen iPod Touch which works fine. More like it worked fine until this morning when I installed Mavericks. Now OS X has, without my consent, moved my Calendar to the iCloud, which means that it refuses to sync over the USB cable to my iPod Touch. My iPod does not support iCloud, so there is no way to sync the Calendar. When I disable iCloud on my Mac, it deletes my whole calendar. When I restore from backup, it re-enables iCloud.

What the **** Apple??!

Can someone please tell me what I can do to simply sync everything to my iPod Touch without iCloud, over USB?

2. baryon thread starter macrumors 68040

baryon

Damn... Is this for real? Are you sure there is no way whatsoever to sync an old iPod Touch/iPhone with Mavericks???

Someone's got to have a solution to this, I mean how hard is it to copy a bunch of files from one device to another via USB cable?

Also, even if your iDevice is new and has iCloud, what if you prefer to sync over USB because you don't use WiFi?

3. cube macrumors G5

You can look in the Apple discussion boards if someone manages to get an OSX Server workaround working.

Or wait if markspace comes out with a new version of The Missing Sync for iPhone that works in Mavericks.

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

3 options:

1) Downgrade to ML
    2) Buy a new device that supports iCloud
    3) Wait and pray for a 3rd party workaround

5. EricN95033 macrumors newbie

Apple the New Microsoft

I have the same problem with my old iPod Touch and old iPad. I just bought new Apple hardware and was surprised (to put it politely) to find that my perfectly functioning 2nd generation iPod Touch was now just an MP3 player and photo album. How long until you cannot sync your music or photos without buying terabytes of cloud space? If I had known about the local sync sabotage, I would not have upgraded any of my Apple hardware. I would have gone a different direction like I did 10 years ago with Microsoft. I need my calendar on my handheld PDA, but I will not be making any more Apple purchases unless this fix this error. If enough people walk away from Apple technology, rather than repurchase the next item targeted for planned obsolescence, corporate might get the message. Remember, companies go out of business one customer at a time.

6. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

1. Unsatisfactory to me. Why shouldn't I be able to use Apple's latest and greatest OS? :confused:
    2. Not applicable, all my devices use the cloud.
    3. Somehow don't think this will happen.

4. Quite supporting Apple.