help!! desperate and frustration student...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by deafmute, Jul 22, 2010.

  1. deafmute macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010
    #1
    http://www.macrumors.com/2010/07/22/imac-shipments-running-low-ahead-of-refresh/

    is this thread is only for the 21.5" model only? i prefer to have the i7 quadcore configuration becus i do need high end processor and big screen as 27" is ideal for my rendering and graphic project.

    actually today i just ordered the 27" imac. but the payment yet to be done so the purchased is still hold. but if apple does offer i7quad model same time as those 21.5" as mention above i surely choose the 27" machines if the price isnt much different..


    post before:

    Im a university student. I do architecture, graphic editing and rendering.

    The question is i want to buy the latest 27" iMac i7, is it worth to wait for the latest release or just buy the current model?
    I googled and the most said that Apple will released new model in fall, which is late September, or some said they will released maybe a months or two. I need a high end mac (processor n graphic), moreover i needed it urgently before my final project, but if i do purchased it now, the spec of the graphic is quite old 4850 512mb or worth waiting for the ddr5 5x 1g series?
    The issues is apart from i7 4cores, i need a better graphic card for my 3d rendering and gaming experience.

    Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks.
     
  2. deaathleopards macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2009
    #2
    I'm in the exact same position as you (although, I'm doing a different course, I still need a powerful system)

    Hold off as much as you possibly can. If you can't wait until the worst case release scenarios, buy now. If you can (even just) do it. It's worth the extra specs/features 95% of the time.

    I don't know when your terms are (I'm not in the US, I'm on mid semester break right now) but, try to hold off - that's the only advice I can give.

    If your work will be hindered seriously, just buy it now. If not, wait. I can't emphasise this enough ;)
     
  3. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #3
    I too say to hold out, but I honestly don't see anything coming until late October/early November just like usual.
    :apple:

    I don't think they'll redesign it because the 21.5 and 27 inch displays are pretty new and right now they've got their whole lineup in the typical black/aluminum theme. If the current offerings are powerful enough for you, and you really need a computer ASAP, then you should probably go for it. They might put a USB 3.0 and all that other good stuff, but I don't see a design change.
     
  4. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

    flyfish29

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2003
    Location:
    New HAMpshire
    #4
    I say if you really really need an extra bump in processor power for rendering and such then cancel the order quick and wait a little while for a refresh. then if it doesn't happen and you really have to get a new machine then do so. Like the other poster said- if you need a computer immediately then you should just keep the order.
     
  5. deafmute thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010
    #5

    currently im in last year semester, so my final project will be submitted on early october. i hardly need an imac. when will the refresh will do? god...

    if u r in a same situations, what are u goin to do?
     
  6. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #6
    I'm not in the same situation (I just got my Macbook Pro a few days back)
    but if I was and it wasn't urgent I need it (I have an older Mac or another computer than can do the work, or ACCESS to a Mac) I would wait. If I didn't have any that was mentioned in brackets, I would go buy now. The 27" iMacs are very expensive and I wouldn't want to spend money if there is a new one coming soon.
     
  7. dexthageek macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    #7
    I don't see the high-end 27'' getting much more then maybe a minor CPU/GPU speed bump.
     

Share This Page