Help! Facebook Location Wrong

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jonobody, Sep 3, 2014.

1. jonobody macrumors newbie

Typically the location in Facebook messenger app on my iPhone is dead on. Yesterday it showed me approximately 1 - 1.5 miles away from where I actually was. I was at work and the location displayed is always consistent from this location. Does anyone know what might cause this? I'm getting **** from my girlfriend about this so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!;)

2. JWalker1995 macrumors regular

If your girlfriend doesn't trust you when you say you are at work, the first thing I'd look at changing is the girlfriend!

3. drogba macrumors member

Oh lord. First off, if your GF is monitoring your whereabouts via facebook or geotagging, that's a whooooole other problem to deal with. I'd turn that crap off if I were you, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the location problem, are you noticing it's inaccurate when you're on wifi or 3/4g? I know people say that wifi is actually LESS accurate for location than 3G/4G, so this could be part of your issue.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Maybe you left your phone at the strip club 1.5 miles away where you had lunch.

5. RyanG macrumors 6502

6. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

Someone includes one pretty much irrelevant line to make their post more personable or perhaps interesting in some way and almost everyone just pointlessly picks on it and completely ignores the actual question. Surprising?

8. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

Everyone stop judging this guy and his gf. Not your business. Either help him or keep your judgments to yourself.

People get so rude when shrouded by the anonymity of the internet. And this place is one of the worst.

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

He kinda asked for it by including the bit about his GF checking up on him.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

In some sense it wasn't all that useful to include that information, but in another sense, not much of a point to just pick that out and go off on it without actually addressing the actual question as well at least.

11. Dan70 macrumors regular

Well it's obviously something wrong with the app so not we can do to help.

I'd suggest taking a work selfie with your colleagues and sending it to her.

Or turn off the location all together, is it really that important?