HELP!!! I have Red Screen of Death

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoeCool71, Oct 3, 2014.

1. JoeCool71 macrumors member

I just tried to update my 4 hour old iPhone 6 Plus 128GB and on reboot, I get the apple logo followed by a red screen followed by the apple logo followed by the red screen...

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!

I'm holding waiting for an Apple support person as I write this, but was hoping I could reach out to the community for help. Anybody have any ideas? Anything beyond a hard reset (which is the only thing i know how to do). :)

FWIW, I did a restore from previous as opposed to treating it like a new phone when I got it.

I got an error initially when it tried to validate the update, but went through to this after second attempt.

2. wannabepcuser macrumors member

You could look at YouTube videos for restoring through dfu mode.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Also read through the iPhone and iOS 8 forums. In your panic, you posted in the iPad troubleshooting forum.

Hope the problem gets resolved quickly - that's a nice phone.

4. JoeCool71 thread starter macrumors member

5. Huntn, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014

Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My wife's iPad 2 (on a fresh start) has a red background screen behind the Apple Logo and during operation, the colors are off. I'm going to check online solutions, but thought I'd mine here for info. Thanks!

Update: Ok, I've fixed it as per Youtube videos by dropping it from about 2-12" onto the floor. What's that about? Is that indicative of imminent failure?