Help!! I Just Won A Second iPhone!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Feb 3, 2008.

1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

bryanc28

I won an office raffle and this is what I got. I already have one that I bought in December and am on the AT&T GoPhone Plan. My old iPhone is kind of dirty and scratched (I would give this one to my brother). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my old phone to the phone I won???

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

All your data is on the computer you synced from (and a backup of the phone). I think all you have to do is swap SIMs, and restore.

3. padmasana macrumors member

padmasana

I don't know for sure, but maybe you can use the backup data that your current phone has saved when it has synched in iTunes.

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

How the heck does an iPhone get dirty in a couple months??

5. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

would you consider donating your old one for a music scholarship program in Harlem NY?

6. Bigsam411 macrumors member

well if you are on a mac, all of your info should be on there and should sync up with the new iPhone, if you are on a pc you can use outlook to get the same functionality. If you do not have a mac or outlook on a pc then I do not know of an easy way to transfer data.

music and videos should just sync up through iTunes.

7. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

8. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I'm looking for an iPhone... I'd be happy with your old one :D

They go for a nice amount on eBay - if you can get it unlocked thy sell for even more (I'm watching some at $570-$600 right now... and they're not ended yet). Either that, or find a good charity to donate the proceedings to. Just a thought. Or give it to your brother it'd make his day I'm sure!