Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mags631

Mar 6, 2007
And if he does, he likely has the same employer discount option with Sprint then, so it'll still be far cheaper.

The iPhone is a great phone, but AT&T is a terrible wireless provider.

Sprint is a company just like AT&T... their current pricing is probably reflective of their desire to retain customers leaving their network as opposed to caring about your personal financial situation.

That being said, if Sprint works well for you and it's cheaper, then it seems obvious that it's a good choice.

starstudded

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
Hey guys i need some help here... Im currently on a family plan with sprint and the contract ends in a few weeks.. We have been planning on switching the 4 phone numbers over to ATT so we can get iphones but i just found out last night each phone has to have the $30 data monthly fee, as well as the complete absurd unlimited texting fees... with sprint i pay $5 a month for unlimited texts.. ATT its $20, $30 if i get it for the whole fam. I also heard that applecare does NOT cover water damage... thats pretty lame if true. Can anyone confirm all this for me, and if it is true, then convince me why its worth it when 4 phones will cost over $260 when im paying 180 right now...

Why should we convince you? Pay me and I might.

Make your own decision.
Jesus some people.

brendu

Cancelled
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
I'm having the same problem...I really want to buy a new Mercedes, but the local Mercedes dealership is ruining it for me. Can you believe they want me to pay $60,000? I only paid $4,500 for my 97' Honda Civic! What a rip off!!!!

What should I do?!?!?

i love when people compare apple to mercedes... but i like to think my samsung slider is a littler more like an accord... anyways thanks guys i decided to just concede and pay what it takes, ive wanted one for 2 years.. im just gonna do it..

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I never had a problem with Sprint when I was with them. But when I needed to travel overseas with my phone, I switched to ATT and I haven't had any problem with ATT either.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Did you make sure water damage was covered for your computer, TV, and other electronics that you own? If you're that worried about water damage, either don't go into the water with your phone or buy some of the cases out there that protect the phone from water damage.

Also, if you don't like the costs involved with owning an iphone, then don't buy one (or four).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.