Help!! I was deleting JB apps I didn't use to speed up my phone and Cydia disappeared

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TH55, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

The performance of my phone has been a lot slower lately to the point that it is very frustrating. I began going through and clearing out jailbreak apps/tweaks/themes that I didn't use in hopes of speeding it back up.

There were a few apps/themes that, when I tried to unintall/remove them, prompted me with this:

[​IMG]

I immediately cancelled operation, as to avoid any trouble. However, I accidentally clicked "force removal" on one, I'm pretty sure it was either a winterboard or some other tweak I downloaded for the equix theme or iFile or something of that sort, none of which were integral to the operation of my phone/jailbreak and all of which I downloaded after I had already been jailbroken for some time, and after it finished and restarted, Cydia was gone from my phone. How can I get Cydia back without losing all of my jailbreak settings/tweaks?

I should mention everything works fine on the phone still, just as it did before, only Cydia is now missing. Please help me...thanks!

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No it will not delete your tweaks.

None that i know of.

5. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok. Any idea what happened?

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

From here

http://apt.saurik.com/debs/

If you can access the file structure install it with ifunbox

or put the deb in
    Private/var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall
    and reboot

If the Cydia/AutoInstall directory doesn't exists create it, mind the capital I in AutoInstall

8. TH55, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok, thanks. Do I have to do this from a desktop?

Where do I get ifunbox?

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

10. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

You can't just answer me? I don't know what exactly I would google and it would make it much easier for you to simply tell me.

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Nobody is going to hold your hand here, what is so dificult in googling ifunbox???

12. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I'm with trijethero on this one. What you are asking sounds like Jailbreak 101 type questions. These types of issue are handled on this forum and on many web forums on the daily. Perform a search first before you fill our forums with unneeded post when your question can be answered by a simple search.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

iFunbox is a program; I doubt many of us will remember the actual website address to type out for you

So just google the program name and you'll get the web address link

14. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok I downloaded ifunbox on my desktop. How do I know which file is Cydia for iOS 5.01? There are hundreds in that list.

15. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

What device do you have?

I know that the iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak installed with cydia 1.1.6 (i'll check later to confirm)

Never jailbroke iOS 5.0.1 so I don't know about that. You can always try googling and see if anything pops up. If nothing, you can go try installing 1.1.6

16. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

How is it possible that re-jailbreaking will not wipe out all of my current settings?

----------

Ok. I have a 4S running 5.01. So here is where I'm confused: do I have to re-jailbreak or is it possible to simply install Cydia through this ifunbox program? If the former, how do I save my jailbreak settings and purchased apps? If the latter, how do I know which .deb file to install? I can't tell what is what by the names.

17. darricksailo, Aug 9, 2013

darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Cydia 1.1.3 is what originally came on it

http://www.ijailbreak.com/cydia/cydia-1-1-3-update-available-to-download/

Your jailbreak settings were never deleted to begin with; only the tweak is deleted when you uninstall it

Rejailbreaking is different from restoring, jailbreak doesn't delete any data

The entire name is there on the website. And not all of the files are "cydia" if you actually examined the file names more closely

Edit: it is to my understanding that cydia 1.1.6 can work since that is what's it going to be on the "changes" list

18. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's my understanding that you simply place the DEB file here (using iFunbox to connect to your phone):

Private/var/root/media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Once there, you reboot and because this is an auto install Cydia gets auto installed when you reboot.

Note that Cydia is simply an app. Installing it shouldn't affect anything else.

This is my understanding of it all anyway. If I'm wrong, someone will point that out.

19. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I think most people said they had to reboot their device twice when using this method to install a .deb app/file

To the OP: And if the folders aren't there already, make them

20. TH55, Aug 9, 2013

TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok, so would it be easier to simply re-jailbreak my phone? I found this site http://lifehacker.com/5913376/how-to-jailbreak-ios-501 which gives step by step instructions on how to do it for a 4S running 5.01. If so, are you 100% positive my jailbreak settings will remain the same even after re-jalibreaking? If so this seems like less hassle then the funbox ordeal as there are dozens of files in there named Cydia. Thanks again.

Edit - I am now reading that you cannot re-jailbreak without restoring your phone which will update the iOS automatically?

21. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Use 1.13

No you don't have to re-jailbreak
    Install cydia with ifunbox or the direct install in the AutoInstall folder

----------

Ifunbox or direct install is MUCH easier...

22. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Most people advise against rejailbreaking if you can help it

It's easy, just download cydia 1.1.3 from the link that trijethero gave you

23. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok, gotcha thanks. Last question - how specifically do I download Cydia using ifunbox? When I download the file cydia1.13 I am unable to open it. Thanks again.

----------

Ok thanks. Just confused on how to download/install cydia using funbox.