Help im locked out of iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joroboam, May 21, 2015.

1. joroboam macrumors newbie

joroboam

Hi i bought iphone 6 but cant sign in with my apple id, i keep getting this message.

This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (f●●●●●@yahoo.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

That's Activation lock. Contact the original owner to have him/her remove it from their profile.

Otherwise, you have an expensive paperweight. These devices are often stolen and the risk of buying second hand devices.

3. joroboam thread starter macrumors newbie

joroboam

Oh no, i dont know who po really is, i thought i could erase iphone.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You have a useless device.
    You cant do anything with it until that apple ID and password is entered correctly.
    Its an anti-theft feature and works very well.

5. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

You will have to get in contact with the original owner to deauth it.

----------

A fellow Pats fan! What a relief. I would be embarrassed if I put out the Wells Report. It was an absolute joke. James Franco says it best..."They hate us cause they ain't us!"

6. g35 macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry this happened to you. If the person who sold it to you can't tell you the password to get it, they probably sold you a stolen device. And unfortunately nobody can unlock it for you, no matter what they promise. Not without that password.

When you buy an iPhone, always always make sure there is no iCloud account on it before you buy it.

7. jdogg836 macrumors regular

jdogg836

This is why I love activation lock. One day, phone thefts will be reduced to almost nil.

8. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I want it to extend to all electronic devices like laptops, tablets and PS4s. That would be beautiful!

9. joroboam thread starter macrumors newbie

joroboam

So what should i do? return it to apple?
    is there a way for me to look up serial and imie?

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

Where did you buy it? Can you get in touch with the previous owner?

11. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

The IMEI is on the back of the phone. You really need to get the owner to remove the phone from his profile. Either that or get his password. :D

12. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

serial number should be on the sim card tray holder.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    Pretty much bro.
    If it makes them feel better about their suckie teams to think its all because a football was 1 psi lower than its supposed to be then let them live their fantasy:D

----------

Return it to the person that sold it to you.
    Apple does not do anything for icloud locked devices.

14. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

Sorry that this is happening to you. But I agree with the others, it is definitely a good move by Apple to stop theft.

15. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

Pitch iPhone 6.

Get Android device where this isn't an issue.

Lots of very nice Apple paperweights online in eBay. Good job Apple.

I do recommend the Samsung Galaxy S6.

16. threezero macrumors 6502

There is a way to bypass the code. When I was in China I see shop that will replace logic board for you to bypass cloud activation. And than they will direct you to another shops nearby that will buy your stolen device if you so desire. However it is likely that the replace logic board will act up with a different iCloud account if the new owner decide to restore the phone.

Overall very good job apple

17. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Apple will not help you. The only way of fixing this is contacting the original owner and getting them to remove the activation lock.

----------

Yeah, the logic board is what makes each phone unique.

18. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

Have you contacted the owner yet? He is the only one who's capable of removing his phone from his Apple account. If he can't, that means he sold you a stolen device so try to return it.

I hate people like you. Stop trying to desperately give reasons why Apple sucks. This is an anti-theft system, so stop fanboying your little Samsung and stop spreading hate. :confused:

19. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Yeah, pretty much what others have said. Activation lock is fairly watertight, and Apple won't touch it without the original proof of purchase.

Good for us iPhone owners if we were to ever lose our devices or have them stolen. Crappy for those who purchase from unscrupulous sellers and are effectively conned out of their money.

20. albertfallickwa macrumors 6502a

albertfallickwa

I am not a Samsung fan boy BTW and I own an iPhone 6. And I Cloud locks have created more unenvironmental friendly paperweights than any other phone.

Honestly I Cloud locks doesn't deter thefts. People still steal the iPhone anyways.

IT ONLY CREATES MORE ANGRY CUSTOMERS.

21. Applejuiced, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

People might steal them but they are useless to them and when it comes to reselling their value is lost. So that is a very good theft deterrent.
    The buying and selling of stolen property is illegal.
    It doesn't create angry customers, it creates angry thieves and angers those who purchase stolen goods.
    It creates happy customers knowing that if someones steals their phone they will not be able to use it.

22. ApolloBoy macrumors 6502a

ApolloBoy

Bingo.

23. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

You have the owner's email address *******@yahoo.com. Email it. Why haven't you done that already?

24. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

How does it create angry customers? I'm an even happier customer knowing that iCloud lock works so well it still hasn't been cracked.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

And that's why the rate of iPhone thefts noticeably dropped after Activation Lock was introduced, right?

----------

What email address is that?