Help!!! iPhone photos don't upload to iCloud. How do I force an upload?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TGB77, Apr 21, 2019.

1. TGB77 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone7 and have the iCloud 2TB plan and am currently at about 100GB. My photos & videos aren't auto-uploading as promised. About 80% of my photos and videos uploaded to iCloud, but the rest aren't uploading. I called Apple and the two most common reasons for the photos/videos not uploading have been ruled out:
    1) phone can't connect to the Apple web page
    2) don't have enough storage.

A senior tech is working on this, but he doesn't know of any other reasons the photos/videos wouldn't upload.

Is there any way to force the photos to upload?

All the sources I have found - not to mention what Apple says - say that the upload should occur automatically which is why there is no need for a "force upload". Since the techs are aware of situations in which the photos aren't auto-uploading, it raises another question: why isn't there a "force upload" button?

2. TGB77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello? Is there anyone active in this discussion board?

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

4. TGB77 thread starter macrumors newbie

This seems to be the issue, as I logged back into my local network. Why would it have to be attached to WiFi? But others say their photos upload when they're not on Wifi, but are operating on cellular. One of the troubleshooting steps Apple had me go through was to see if I could access www.apple.com - and I could. So the photos should have uploaded.

5. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

In Photos->Cellular Data are the options turned on?

6. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

It's one of those things that generally requires a WiFi network. Photos and videos can eat up a data plan in a heartbeat.

7. TGB77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Cellular data is turned off.

For the life of me, I am puzzled why the Apple tech support people couldn't guide me to the solution.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 25, 2019 ---
    Well, it uploaded all the new photos but doesn't upload many older photos. What else might be the issue?

8. TGB77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I notice that some 2,000 of the oldest photos on my iPhone7 aren't uploading. If I connect my iPhone to my Windows computer and browse, the photos are clearly still on my iPhone. Why aren't they uploading? What can I do to force them to upload?