HELP! Iphone with BlackScreen, But recognized

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by clongan, Mar 23, 2010.

1. clongan macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, sorry to bother you all, but i really need some help, Im DESPERATE!

The problem is that my iphone has a complete black screen. I searched over the forum to see if i was able to fix the issue. The problem is that on the results i found, they always say that the iphone is not recognized, well, mine it is recognized by itunes, but i try to do the reset, holding power and home, waiting and everything, and itunes says that it needs to be restored, but does not let me restore it, gets me an error. So I dont know what else to do, please help me out!

2. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Did you try DFU mode? Unfortunately, nobody knows how to make a good video about it, but you can watch this one. (Hope you backed up!)

3. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I tried that also, and the problem is that the Iphone is recognized in Itunes, so i do that, dissapears from itunes devices, and appears again and asks for restore, but the screen is completely black, and when try to restore, i receive error =/

4. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

But it's in DFU mode when you plug it in? If so, try another computer.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, i did made the steps to put it into DFU Mode, but still the screen is completely black, and i dont mean to say that you see the Iphone as if it is Turned off, i say is Black =/

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So the screen is black but not turned off you're saying?

8. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, that's it. is black but still recognized by itunes and everything

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Have you tried it on another computer yet? What error do you get? If you hold it under a light can you see anything?

11. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

already hold it under a light, and nothing xD, not even a little shadow. if i connect it to another computer, it is the same.

12. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

13. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

ok when the iphone is recongnize ( still with the black screen ) the trying to restore it in itunes it gives me this error: The IPhone "Iphone" could not be restored. This Device isn't eligible for the requested build.

That the message after trying to restore the iphone to 3.1.2

If this helps, i have the latest Itunes 9, I've heard that to install Itunes mmm 7.5 I believe, but I don't know if it'll work with this big issue i'm getting.

14. codenamecueball macrumors regular

This is scarily similar to what I am suffering from. Battery issue?

15. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

mmmm I dont think so, because if it was the battery, there would not be any black screen since there is no power (maybe), maybe is more of a screen issue or, it is possessed.

16. codenamecueball macrumors regular

no the battery just can't hold a charge or just has some kind of damage

17. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

Has it ever been jailbroken? Has the iPhone always been named "iphone"? Or was it just like that in DFU mode?

18. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Are you on a 3gs? If so, you can't restore to 3.1.2. Try restoring to 3.1.3.

19. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I completely read missed that. Thanks UngratefulNinja.

20. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

So i need to restore to 3.1.3???
    The problem is that I dont have a contract with At&T or anything like that, so i need to jailbreak the Iphone jejeje, and I think the 3.1.3 you can't Jailbreak it yet...

21. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

I'm not positive that you can, but I thought I heard you could jailbreak it. Regardless, you can still "downgrade" to 3.1.2, which in your case would just be a normal restore. Google it.

22. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i already have the restore of the 3.1.2 on my Desktop, the problem is that Itunes says it is not possible or something like that :S:S:S

23. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

People! I fix the Problem, My Iphone is Working! I Cannot believe I'm SO Happy right now!

Just for the information, what i did was to connect the Itunes, and Itunes downloaded the 3.1.3 (Which i thought that I would not be able to use it ), But after restoring it the Iphone just turned on, I inserted the Sim Card and It is Working ! OMG!

24. upaymeifixit macrumors 6502a

upaymeifixit

If you don't have a contract with AT&T, what do you have?

25. clongan thread starter macrumors newbie

It is a contract with my telephone company, in Costa Rica, but we don't have At&t, actually I don't know why it is working XD but it is, good enough for me.