Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I have USB 802.11g stick. I think it's a belkin. I died plugging that in, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work. If I simply remove the airport card, perhaps that work.

Well... I do not know how you died when plugging that in. The Belkin USB dongle is going to need separate drivers that are not included in OS X. If you report back with the model number, I may be able to help you find the drivers if they exist.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I have USB 802.11g stick. I think it's a belkin. I died plugging that in, but couldn't figure out how to get it to work. If I simply remove the airport card, perhaps that work.
The reason the revisions I mentioned above are plug and play for the Mac is because those revisions use the Broadcom chip that is what the Airport cards use. Any other revision, any other product, Belkin or not that does not have the Broadcom chip will require either a set of drivers or won't be functional at all.

Reactions: BigRed1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.