Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noopmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
I try to install catalina patcher on my Macbook pro late 2011

- My version of macOS Catalina Pacther is 1.4.1
- My version of Install MacOS Catalina 15.4.02 (Download via macOS Catalina Patcher)
When i click start to burnning file into my usb flash drive, i found this message in picture below.
** An error occurred while attempting to save the BaseSystem image **

Actually, my usb flash drive 32 gb.

it should pass...
1.jpg

My log

4.jpg

My USB Flash Drive
2.jpg

My format USB Flash Drive
3.jpg

My version of macOS Catalina Pacther
4.jpg

My version of Install MacOS Catalina 15.4.02
5.jpg

My Macbook spec
7.jpg

Updated 15/April/2020
I try to switch booted drive from ssd 250GB to hard drive 1TB.
I still give the error message about 10GB.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Don't see that model on the catalina compatibility list:
That's the point of using the patcher :)
@noopmac Catalina in not great on suported Macs, maybe stick with Mojave.
I never used the patcher, but the error message seems to be about your Startup Disk, not your USB flash disk.
So, enough space on HGST or Samsung SSD, whichever one you have booted from.

noopmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
That's the point of using the patcher :)
@noopmac Catalina in not great on suported Macs, maybe stick with Mojave.
I never used the patcher, but the error message seems to be about your Startup Disk, not your USB flash disk.
So, enough space on HGST or Samsung SSD, whichever one you have booted from.

Hi, MrCorovic
I try to switch booted from my hard disk 1TB and i not used ssd to booted drive.
it still warn me about 10 GB.
3.jpg

My ssd
1.jpg

[automerge]1586916008[/automerge]
Updated
I try to switch booted drive from ssd 250GB to hard drive 1TB.
I still give the error message about 10GB.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I had the same thing on my 2011 MBP, exactly the same model! I spent ages searching all the support posts and nothing worked!

The one way that did was as soon as that error came on I clicked OK and tried it again. This has happened for my machine every time I use the patcher. Sometimes it takes 3 consecutive goes other times it took about 10. But then it mounted properly and installed. Have you tried install to this machine? Might work too. Good luck!

noopmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
I had the same thing on my 2011 MBP, exactly the same model! I spent ages searching all the support posts and nothing worked!

The one way that did was as soon as that error came on I clicked OK and tried it again. This has happened for my machine every time I use the patcher. Sometimes it takes 3 consecutive goes other times it took about 10. But then it mounted properly and installed. Have you tried install to this machine? Might work too. Good luck!

Hi, Howard Ellacott.
Did you means install natively on my macbook pro?
May you describe me about step for install Catalina?
please.. TT | YY

noopmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Have you tried "install to this machine" rather than to the USB drive? Either way just keep trying it and it will work
Hey, Howard Ellacott.
I tried to install many times, it warn me and then i click OK, it warn me again, i click OK.
I take many times consecutive.
Then, i clean install high sierra and i tried install Catalina by patcher again, the result still the same.

daneel_hu

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2020
Hey, Howard Ellacott.
I tried to install many times, it warn me and then i click OK, it warn me again, i click OK.
I take many times consecutive.
Then, i clean install high sierra and i tried install Catalina by patcher again, the result still the same.

Try uninstall Sophos Antivirus.

noopmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Update .... 17/04/2020
I successfully,
I remove Catalina installer file, and i download it again. And Try to installed.
It was worked for me.

Thank you.

Gábor Rácz

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2020
I had the same problem, when I tried to make the installer on the old (2011) Mac mini. However, on a new MacBook Air it worked flawlessly. Then the first install stopped with an error message "cannot installed on this Mac", then the next try was OK. So, I am happy now! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.