Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Jforte

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
Portugal
You might try these to see if it helps with Friendly Streaming open Applications folder-right click on Friendly Streaming-Show Package contents and unzip these to and place the contents in the Frameworks folder
[automerge]1586882769[/automerge]

If you have a version of tccplus click on Y to replace and it should work
I'll try... This could help with drm (looks like it) only... Gonna do it, and then i 'll give some feedback...

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
With OpenCore bootloader?
no with dosdude1's Catalina Patcher
[automerge]1586883667[/automerge]
I'll try... This could help with drm (looks like it) only... Gonna do it, and then i 'll give some feedback...
If you can't get Netflix to work on Friendly Streaming I got it to work with this app https://github.com/oscartbeaumont/ElectronPlayer/releases after you install it go to Applications right click on Electron Player show package contents-Frameworks/Electron.Frameworks and place those two in there and it does work

Reactions: telepati

Jforte

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2020
Portugal
Hi @Jforte ,

View attachment 905838
In first I have this message and when I download I have this:
View attachment 905839
and after i have this.. nothing else.
Do you still have the bootable pen of the instalation (dosdude1, right?)?
Do you have your SIP disabled (go to terminal and type 'csrutil status', if you don't know)?
If enabled, disable it...
Use it, boot your mac from it, select 'macOS Post Install' ser if all optimal patches are selected, including "library validation disabler patch" (for me, it is the last One, and it is not selected). Apply. See if tccplus works...

Reactions: TimothyR734

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
screenshot of the electron player
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.03.25 AM.png

Stip3

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
You might try these to see if it helps with Friendly Streaming open Applications folder-right click on Friendly Streaming-Show Package contents and unzip these to and place the contents in the Frameworks folder
[automerge]1586882769[/automerge]

If you have a version of tccplus click on Y to replace and it should work

I'm Sorry, Im a neophyte and I don't how to launch this script with tccplus... I just download now a version of tccplus-master from github of jslegendre.

ps: Many thanks for NightOwl!

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Neither of the solutions worked... Electron player gave me the M7121-3078 error (my browser no longer compatible).
Also, friendly streaming allows me to add/remove streaming services...
go to System Preferences-General and if you use Microsoft Edge set that as your default browser see if that works and which version of the Electron Player did you install as I have issues with the beta 3 version
[automerge]1586885693[/automerge]
Ahh! Ok. I already know that I just wondering OpenCore will work on Legacy iMac?
jackluke's OpenCoreAPFSloader works but it just a boot menu as far as installing a full OpenCore I really don't know
[automerge]1586885914[/automerge]
Neither of the solutions worked... Electron player gave me the M7121-3078 error (my browser no longer compatible).
Also, friendly streaming allows me to add/remove streaming services...
just for your information the libwidedevinecdm.dylib those you can find in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Spotify apps I took those two from Spotify

Reactions: Jforte

gosvamih

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2019
Russia
I've found yet issue with Safari on 10.15.3
I can't enable any checkbox for extensions
This extensions works well in 13.0.5 Safari on High Sierra, the same version Safari I have on Catalina 10.15.3

12.png

A checkmark in the checkbox instantly appears and disappears again.
Does anybody know a workaround?

Last edited:
Reactions: Macbookprodude

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland
Ahh! Ok. I already know that I just wondering OpenCore will work on Legacy iMac?
I'm pretty sure it will work. Let us ask @jackluke.
If you create an opencore bootloader on an external drive with his USBOpenCoreAPFSloader2.app you can test it. It won't do any harm. I find it a very useful boot loader to have, plus it has some extra tools like memorytest, and for me importantly, it can make OTA installation proceed on machines with outdated USB hardware, on external drives.

jackluke

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2018
jackluke's OpenCoreAPFSloader works but it just a boot menu as far as installing a full OpenCore I really don't know

It's not just a boot menu, it quickly fixes: csrutil (SIP disabled), amfi (Library validation disabled), no_compat_check (platform whitelist), legacy usb (input and output usb devices) and telemetry plugin (core2duo kernel panic or bootloop).

It allows to boot any unpatched (or patched) macOS and stock macOS recoveries, and to complete an OTA update (and macOS installer stage 2) on non-APFS firmware machine.

But it doesn't support non-EFI Metal GPU for bootscreen (unless you load refind first), while EFI Metal GPU flashed with a bootscreen are supported.

And it doesn't provide post-install patches as Audio, Wifi and Graphic acceleration, but almost surely using only my opencore setup you can directly login to a stock macOS Mojave or Catalina desktop lets say as a kind of safe mode.

Last edited:

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I've found yet issue with Safari on 10.15.3
I can't enable any checkbox for extensions
This extensions works well in 13.0.5 Safari on High Sierra, the same version Safari I have on Catalina 10.15.3

View attachment 905850

A checkmark in the checkbox instantly appears and disappears again.
Does anybody know a workaround?

The only workaround is a “bitch” and this is what I did. For me I have a 200 GB iCloud Drive account and everything that I needed it there.

I have a iMac 11,2 the last authorized os is high Sierra so I launched my recovery and within the recovery I deleted the data volume (to not confuse the high Sierra installer) and erased my main drive reinstalling high Sierra. While in high Sierra I installed all the applications that had the Sierra extensions I needed and very important activated then in high Sierra then I installed the latest version of Catalina using the 1.4.1 patcher

I now have working 1Password and others.

This is the only way I know to do it.

gosvamih

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2019
Russia
I have OpenCore 0.5.6 on MacBook6,1 with Catalina 10.15.3, just for fun. Here is my config.plist
I have DSDT with fixed errors in EFI/OC/ACPI, FwRuntimeServices.efi as single efi driver for some quirks, and three kext for Continuity enabling and for better working wifi: Lilu.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext (with usb 4.0 dongle GMYLE), and fix for Bluetooth framework plist to permit the continuity for my Mac model. These kexts work in /L/E also, no need OpenCore. It's just for test and fun.
With OpenCore doesn't work Hibernation wake (mode 25) and OpenCore doesn't support legacy boot Windows. EFI linux and bless switch to other EFI OS supported. I use boot piker from MacBook EFI, see the config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 109

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
It's not just a boot menu, it quickly fixes: csrutil (SIP disabled), amfi (Library validation disabled), no_compat_check (platform whitelist), legacy usb (input and output usb devices) and telemetry plugin (core2duo kernel panic or bootloop).

It allows to boot any unpatched (or patched) macOS and stock macOS recoveries, and to complete an OTA update (and macOS installer stage 2) on non-APFS firmware machine.

But it doesn't support non-EFI Metal GPU for bootscreen (unless you load refind first), while EFI Metal GPU flashed with a bootscreen are supported.

And it doesn't provide post-install patches as Audio, Wifi and Graphic acceleration, but almost surely using only my opencore setup you can directly login to a stock macOS Mojave or Catalina desktop lets say as a kind of safe mode.
I have both versions on 2 different usb's I haven't really tested them except the meatiest on the first version and about 60 percent of the memtest my iMac shut down but I love it though it is awesome I just didn't know if was asking if OPenCore would work to install macOS Catalina as some people have to spoof their mac's to a different model

Reactions: Dilli

jackluke

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2018
I have OpenCore 0.5.6 on MacBook6,1 with Catalina 10.15.3, just for fun. Here is my config.plist
I have DSDT with fixed errors in EFI/OC/ACPI, FwRuntimeServices.efi as single efi driver for some quirks, and three kext for Continuity enabling and for better working wifi: Lilu.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext and BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext (with usb 4.0 dongle GMYLE), and fix for Bluetooth framework plist to permit the continuity for my Mac model. These kexts work in /L/E also, no need OpenCore. It's just for test and fun.
With OpenCore doesn't work Hibernation wake (mode 25) and OpenCore doesn't support legacy boot Windows. EFI linux and bless switch to other EFI OS supported. I use boot piker from MacBook EFI, see the config.plist.

An advise, If you use the 10.15.4 you need to add the nvram "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" and also you should disable SIP with a csrutil base64 value, otherwise without fully disabling SIP the AMFI is not properly disabled and system won't boot with non-metal video patches.

I have some questions:

1) In your config.plist why do you have DSDT aml and ACPI fixes, are you sure they are needed on a real EFI mac ?

2) And why do you block the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

3) I understand that using Lilu.kext you can patch the Broadcom Wifi and BT4 BLE continuity, but can you patch also the AppleHDA.kext to enable Audio Sound when the stock AppleHDA.kext is installed in SLE ?

Because I made some attempts even with Lilu.kext the Audio kext are injected on the prelinkedkernel but when booting a stock Mojave or Catalina SLE they are only loaded but not used.

Last edited:

gosvamih

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2019
Russia
An advise, If you use the 10.15.4 you need to add the nvram "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" and also you should disable SIP with a csrutil base64 value, otherwise without fully disabling SIP the AMFI is not properly disabled and system won't boot with non-metal video patches.

I have some questions:

1) In your config.plist why do you have DSDT aml and ACPI fixes, are you sure they are needed on a real EFI mac ?

2) And why do you block the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext ?

3) I understand that you using Lilu.kext you can patch the Broadcom Wifi and BT4 BLE continuity, but can you patch also the AppleHDA.kext to enable Audio Sound when the stock AppleHDA.kext is installed in SLE ?

Because I made some attempts but even with Lilu.kext the Audio kext are injected on the prelinkedkernel but if I use a stock Catalina SLE they are loaded but not used.
1) DSDT and ACPI fixes not needed, I want to check could I use a custom DSDT if I will need it. And yes I could. (For the future)
2) This from simple.plist, for MacPro, it is not enabled in config.
3) I did not try to patch AppleHDA, this is work for AppleALC.kext. My goal was not to get Catalina completely through OpenCore, but see if I can use OpenCore in the future.
In fact, not all settings are needed there, I tried to wake up from hibernation, but vit9696 replied that recognizing the hibernation sign intercepts Apple BDs, too early for OpenCore could got it.

I was interested to see how the boot piker works, and can I minimally unmask my hardware, while on hackintosh, on the contrary, they mask it as much as possible. And also check how bless will work.

jackluke

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2018
1) DSDT and ACPI fixes not needed, I want to check could I use a custom DSDT if I will need it. And yes I could. (For the future)
2) This from simple.plist, for MacPro, it is not enabled in config.
3) I did not try to patch AppleHDA, this is work for AppleALC.kext. My goal was not to get Catalina completely through OpenCore, but see if I can use OpenCore in the future.
In fact, not all settings are needed there, I tried to wake up from hibernation, but vit9696 replied that recognizing the hibernation sign intercepts Apple BDs, too early for OpenCore could got it.

I was interested to see how the boot piker works, and can I minimally unmask my hardware, while on hackintosh, on the contrary, they mask it as much as possible. And also check how bless will work.

AppleALC.kext (I guess it works from Sandy Bridge) doesn't worked on "legacy Audio" Core2Duo Mac, but I have somewhat patched the legacy audio using the VoodooHDA.kext in OpenCore while keeping the stock Catalina AppleHDA.kext in SLE, but it glitches a bit, so it's not advisable to use, anyway I am also experimenting opencore.

For now I made a safe and harmless setup that doesn't spoof machine or patch nothing, just the LegacyUSB kext, telemetry kext, nvram value to no_compat_check, amfi and csrutil disabling.

Last edited:

Stip3

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
Do you still have the bootable pen of the instalation (dosdude1, right?)?
Do you have your SIP disabled (go to terminal and type 'csrutil status', if you don't know)?
If enabled, disable it...
Use it, boot your mac from it, select 'macOS Post Install' ser if all optimal patches are selected, including "library validation disabler patch" (for me, it is the last One, and it is not selected). Apply. See if tccplus works...

Yes SIP is disabled:
unnamed.jpg

When I launch "tccplus wrapper" I still have this message: the 'tccplus' tool by Jeremy Legendre doesn't seem to be installed. :(

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
Just curious - my MBP6,2 is running cooler after upgrading from 10.15.3 to 10.15.4 (idle CPU temps only 22 deg C above ambient). Has anyone else noticed a drop in operating temp after upgrading to 10.15.4?

Also - very happy with 10.15.4! Thanks again DosDude team!

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
Are we supposed to retain the boot-arg 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1' after installation of 10.15.4? Details below...

I was under the impression that amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 was only required during installation of DosDude-patched 10.15.4 on my MBP6,2; however, I'm finding that my Microsoft Office 16.36 apps won't start without this boot-arg. Running 'sudo killall taskgated' in Terminal does not help.

Is it to be expected that we must retain the boot-arg 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1' after installation of 10.15.4?

TimothyR734

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2018
Logsden Oregon
Yes SIP is disabled:
View attachment 905905

When I launch "tccplus wrapper" I still have this message: the 'tccplus' tool by Jeremy Legendre doesn't seem to be installed. :(
did you try deleting tccplus from the downloads folder then try the tccplus wrapper
[automerge]1586900182[/automerge]
Are we supposed to retain the boot-arg 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1' after installation of 10.15.4? Details below...

I was under the impression that amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 was only required during installation of DosDude-patched 10.15.4 on my MBP6,2; however, I'm finding that my Microsoft Office 16.36 apps won't start without this boot-arg. Running 'sudo killall taskgated' in Terminal does not help.

Is it to be expected that we must retain the boot-arg 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1' after installation of 10.15.4?
Office works for me without 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way in the boot args and with using sudo killall taskgated but on first launch I got a error report before I closed the error report I launched Microsoft Word again and it opened then I closed the error report

Reactions: deeveedee

Stip3

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2020
did you try deleting tccplus from the downloads folder then try the tccplus wrapper
[automerge]1586900182[/automerge]

Office works for me without 'amfi_get_out_of_my_way in the boot args and with using sudo killall taskgated but on first launch I got a error report before I closed the error report I launched Microsoft Word again and it opened then I closed the error report
1586882606811.png

I have this windows. If I click on 'Y' when it appears nothing happens

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States

Thanks for the quick reply! What version of Office? I am able to consistently reproduce this on my MBP6,2. Without amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1, Word 16.36 does not start. With amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1, Word 16.36 starts reliably. Not sure it matters, but I clear NVRAM when I make the boot-arg change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.