Help me sell my Nexus 7 on eBay

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LadyX, Feb 9, 2014.

1. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

I have bought a couple of stuff on eBay but have never sold an item before. I never sell my stuff that I haven't used for months even years. I have a lot of electronic devices around the house that I don't use. I now want to get myself an iPad Mini with Retina Display, I have the money but I need to sell something, I can't keep storing things. So, this is the time. I have eBay open and I'm trying to create a listing for a Nexus 7 device. I bought it 4 months ago and it has been used but it's still in perfect condition, I also have the box and manuals. No scratches or anything, it looks like new as I had a case on it and it is updated to the latest version of KitKat. So I need someone to help with the listing.

1. What do I put for Item Condition? When I choose Used it says "The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended". Like I stated, the device is in pristine condition. So I'm kind of confused with this description.

2. How do I go about writing a good description?

3. I will also include some accessories (case and stylus). Can I add a photo of these items and the Nexus device from the Internet? Or does it have to be my own image? (I don't take good photographs)

4. Where can I find the manufacturer’s part number?

5. Do I choose auction or fixed price?

2. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I would stick away from eBay. Post it on your local craig's list or swappa.com

4. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

What's wrong with eBay?

5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Too many scams. Sellers usually get screwed over.

6. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Help me sell my Nexus 7 on eBay

I just checked out Swappa and it looks like the best choice for the item I want to sell. And listing an item doesn't seem complicated like eBay. Thank you for recommending it.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

For the OP, I've sold many things on eBay over the years and have not yet been screwed by a buyer or a seller, although by reports it is possible. As a seller there are less opportunities to be scammed, but not saying that is impossible. Bottom line you have to depend on eBay to cover your back. Make sure you are paid before shipping item or all bets are off. eBay has become more buyer centric, gotta keep those buyers happy

If you can't find a model number, just state what ever it is, although you want to have it accurately identified... Just describe it, color and condition...it is used, but in the description you can clarify "new condition" no blemishes.... Your picture is better, but an Internet picture is allowed, I've used either depending on circumstances... Finally you can set a price and sell it now or auction, but it behooves you to see how many of these items are currently being auctioned on eBay, and where the prices of "bid on" items tends to be. For buy it now, the price is set. For auction, it might go for the starting price, or you might get a pleasant surprise and see the price go up. Researching prices will give you a better idea of what the chances of a sale will be. You can also allow the site to figure out shipping or I believe, based on the last time I sold, you can do that yourself, which requires that you weigh the item and go check mailing rates. If you are only selling in the U.S. Pick the farthest zip code away and see what it would cost. For this circumstance, I've added a blurb in the auction that if actual shipping costs are less, I'll refund the excess. Just remember that shipping costs can include your cost to drive it to a shipping facility, but keep in mind that if shipping costs become too onerous, it will turn buyers off. Some sellers use shipping charges to make themselves more money on the sale, which is not kosher as far as I am concerned. I've sold things internationally, but that can be an ifier proposition. Depending on the country there could be a language issue and misunderstandings, or even non-payment, but that can happen for domestic sales too, so pick your poison. ;)

8. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

I second Swappa. I have used it twice to sell Androids and ran into 0 issues.. I highly recommend it.

9. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

1. Put it in the used category, change your title to say nexus 7 MINT CONDITION, people will be attracted to that and will go to your pictures and description for further details.

2. In the description you have to be brutally honest, if there are ANY nicks or scratches or anything, list them. Also list the accessories that you are including. I usually write at the end to message me with any additional questions they might have about the item.

3. I would take your own photos, try to make the, well lit and best quality as possible, showing everything that is included as well as any flaws. I know from my own experience i dont buy anything that has a stock photo.

4. Ive sold phones and tablets before and havent had to include that but id assume it would be on the device or the manufacturers website.

5. Auction generally gets you more money, once someone is involved with a bid a war can happen and that is good. If you are worried about not getting enough money you can set a reserve price so it wont sell unless it gets above that price. I wouldnt suggest that because buyers dont like that. You can also have a buy it now option along side the auction incase someone wants it right then and there, which is what i usually do.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions.

10. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

If you want top dollar for your tablet install Flappy Bird on it!

11. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

You've answered all my questions thoroughly. Very much appreciated.

Haha. That's funny.

12. LadyX thread starter macrumors 68020

LadyX

Thank you, Huntn. That's very helpful.