Help me with 1.1.2 pleaseee

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thekiller, Nov 29, 2007.

1. thekiller macrumors member

I'm trying to jailbreak my 1.1.2 new iphone, but when I try to restore it using itunes (alt+shift) it shows the firmware I downloaded (1.1.1) as a folder and it won't let me choose the whole folder.... I even changed the extension to _Restore.ipsw..... please help me...:eek:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

That is wierd.

Well here I'll give you a better way to do it. Delete your 1.1.1 download. There is a thread here where you can download 1.1.1 Restore pack from. Download it from the link in that thread. After that just use iTunes to downgrade.

3. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

I had the same problem with my touch. If you go to the top left while you're in Safari and click Safari, then go to Preferences, you need to uncheck Open "Safe" Files After Downloading.

For some reason this is making Macs unzip the file automatically. Then restart Safari and try it. Should work for you then. :cool:

4. brando88 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

The zip file is thrown into the trash while the unzipped folder is on the desktop or downloads folder. Just remove the .zip from the file in the trash and use that ipsw