Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Purestang

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2010
Geeze, quite a few people hating on the white!

I currently have an 03 Oxford White Mustang GT, and personally, I would go with white. Not biased or anything!! :D

My second color would be the Sterling Grey, then Race Red. The blue is cool, but i feel its TOO much of an attention grabber (pun intended). I could never get a black car, personally. I see black cars with swirls all the time and that would just piss me off as i like to keep my car pretty pristine. The less I see, the less i get pissed off lol.

pic of said mustang:
206334_1003334691899_1480800184_30037522_3527_n.jpg

Oh, and if you can swing it, get the Brembo package. I can testify how much better the car stops as I have driven both stock and Brembo 2012 mustangs. Plus, those beefy brakes look fantastic!!!

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I would go with white, with that silver color being my second choice.
Don't like the red or blue on that car, and black just seems too plain without any stripes or anything.

Andeavor

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2010
Now, looking at it from different angles, the white does look very cool yet neutral.

Don't get the dark tinted windows that's just tacky.

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
The Grabber Blue all the way; if not, get it murdered out. But the blue is unique if you don't mind the attention. :)

They are amazing cars, you will love it. The quality is at that of European sports cars, the American muscle can't be beat, it has a an unmistakable sound 'out of the box', and they are ridiculously fast for a 30-40k car. The interior is probably the most shocking to all, as it is simply spectacular and screams quality.

I would change up the rear axle ratio however, as the 3.55 is very streetable and guys with the 3.73 say they are pretty good for street use as well. As said, the Brembos are nice but for the money, they aren't a great nor are they a poor value. They are only 4 piston calipers and for 2 grand, you can get a 6 piston StopTech set, which I've always found to be of better quality than Brembo. The Brembo kit does also come with 19 inch wheels, a 'sportier' suspension, and obviously changes to electronic controls given the different brake bias. However, a set of StopTech rotors with Carbotech pads, SS brakelines, and a DOT 5.1 IMO will probably be about the same stopping distance wise, provided the bias set is done correctly (which may or may not need F/R pads of different aggressiveness and a possible update to the ECU) The Standard GT (or 5.0) performs very well out of the box in regards to handling and braking, so for street use they really do not need to be upgraded if you aren't using it on closed courses. The standard Non-Brembo brakes do not have any major issue with fade for street (and even light AutoX) use. The factory tires (if they are still using P Zeros) are pretty decent, but like almost all cars, an upgrade can make a huge difference. A set of 3 piece forged Volks or Centerlines wrapped in (wide) Pilot Sport PS2's second gens (or tires in that same max performance class) will give you substantial increases in overall stability, cornering, braking, and acceleration.

No matter what you get though, you'll like it. They are very fun cars and priced so that you don't constantly have to think about that huge car payment. Gas efficiency for a 400+ horsepower 5.0 V8 is also surprisingly good IMO.

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
Actually silver is the safest car color because it's highly reflective. The white Mustang looks really good. Manual tranny would be awesome, but that's another thread.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
The white does look good as a second choice to the red, but I'm partial to white cars (both my BMWs were white).

One note on the Brembos though, the package includes more than the brakes and at about $1695, word is on the forums it's a hell of a deal that couldn't be pieced together separately for close to it.

Get yourself the 3.73 and Brembo options and you'll be one happy camper. 401A is a nice package for the interior too.

If I could order a new GT, I'd be getting:

GT Premium
401A
6-speed
Brembo
HID/Security (I'm a sucker for HIDs but the non-HID cars DO look good)
Shaker 1000 (maybe, why not? I've got a Mach 460 in my current car)
Comfort (don't need the heated seats but the power passenger seat would be nice just to have)

The last two aren't necessary, but a Premium with gears, Brembos, and Xenons? Yes please.

That said, the hot cars are the base models with just the 3.73s and Brembos. All performance, no frills, like the old LX fox bodies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.