Help me with my SLOW IPAD before i slam it on the ground. Help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dg45, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dg45 macrumors regular

i had this ipad for about 5months, the ipad ran very smooth with web pages opening very fast and you tube videos loading up with no lag and no stopping.

since last week, it started acting up last week not opening web pages and not loading you tubes videos all the way.

1.My safari browser and other browsers have problems loading pages most of the time.
    the pages load up 25% and then it takes awhile before they continue to load.
    Very slow.
    i did clear the history/ cache and cookies. didnt help.

2.My you tube videos now load up to 15secs and then stops. then it takes awhile for them to continue to half way and stops again.i never had this problem before. Before videos would never stop and would load smoothly while playing the video.

also i did play with the dns server number. but cant figure with one is the best. my dns now is 208.67.222.222
    My ipad is the 64gb one and has 30gbs free.
    Also my ipad is J/b so i dont want to reset it so i dont lose my apps and info

i also have 2 year old ipod touch 8gb with only 1gb left on it and everything runs smoothly one it. web pages and youtube is always smooth and fast.no lag.

My co-worker got the Motorola Xoom and we were compare it in the office and everybody laugh at my ipad because of its speed. they sad the ipad is not worth the money. made me feel like i have a POS ipad.

What is this ipads problem? i am so mad at this that iam about to slam it against the floor and throw it in the recycle bin. its acting like a POS.

Please help. i need this to be fix cause i cant sleep. LOL
    i want to go back to my co-worker and prove the ipad is better than the ZOOM.
    What do you recommand?
    what can be the problem?
    what should i do?

thanks to all that reply

2. Blorzoga, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011

Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It sounds like a problem with your Internet provider. What speed do you have? What type of service do you have? Does your desktop run slow? Try testing your ad at a free wifi that you know is fast and see if it's better. Try running a speedtest. There are a lot of speed test apps. Tr the one from the FCC.

3. Baron58 macrumors 6502

Have you updated to 4.3.1? If not, do that first. If you have, then do a restore of the software using iTunes, don't restore data from backup, set it up from scratch.

Quit messing with your DNS entries if you don't know what you're doing. If you want DNS servers that will work reliably, use Google's DNS: Set the primary to 8.8.8.8 and the secondary to 8.8.4.4. Generally, though, the DNS entries are provided by the WiFi or cellular network you're connected to, so quit screwing with them.

Edit: just saw you said it was jailbroken.... you created your own problem, restore it to unbroken 4.3.1 and it'll work.

4. twentytwo22 macrumors regular

Restore and JB again.

Otherwise, sounds like the problem might be your ISP and not your iPad.

5. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

You have the speed problem when on all networks? (3G and different wifi)

Otherwise restore to factory settings.

6. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

1. Slam iPad on ground in fit of pique
    2. Buy a Xoom
    3. Slam Xoom on ground in fit of pique
    4. Come to the realization that you're probably better suited for a pad of paper and ballpoint pen. Both of which are slam-proof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. spinstorm macrumors 65816

If the problem happens everywhere you use the Internet, be in wifi at home and at work and 3G if you have it then you need to restore it.

Simple. Jailbreaking can cause issues and sometimes you just have to restore and put everything back.

Yes it's annoying but I'd rather restore than spend more than a few hours with an iPad as slow as your saying.

8. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Well, have you tried to turn it off completely and back on again?
    It's possible that an application didn't release allocated RAM and not your iPad is low on RAM.
    Try that first, I'm sure it will become fast again.

9. bender0069 macrumors member

Before you throw it to the ground, please mail it to me first.

Seriously, from what I understand, jailbreaking can cause the problems you are having, you may need to restore.

10. tdog4444 macrumors regular

what?? he said he was at work on the same wifi comparing it to his co-workers xoom and the xoom was speedy...

glad you're not a tech support agent. lol

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

As long as you have your blobs, you can restore to 4.2.1. It's not that hard.
    JB doesn't necessarily slow your ipad down, unless you install crap programs (e.g., pirated, winterboard). Some of your jb programs could also be interfering with one another. Remember, jb doesn't care as much if apps are perfectly compatible with iOS.

12. blackNBUK macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't say Google's DNS servers are a cure all, sometimes they can make things worse as it depends on which IP addresses they have cached. It's definitely worth trying.

To the OP, they only way you're going to solve this is to calm down and be methodical. I'd start off by telling your iPad to forget your home network and letting it rediscover it from scratch. This should give you the DNS server that your router uses. Does this improve things? If not try comparing the DNS settings for iPad, iPod Touch and any other computers you have. Are they using the same DNS servers? Try using the iPod Touch setting on your iPad.

13. CIA macrumors 6502a

208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220 are the addresses for OpenDNS. Very good, I use it myself. Google OpenDNS to learn more. I use it over whatever comcast uses and it's night and day difference in loads.

But as for the actual problem. I'd do a full restore and set it up new and fresh.

14. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

First thing to do:
    Stop trying to impress your friend with the size of your iPad. Sounds like you're more concerned with being able to wave your iPad in his face and prove your device is better than his than you are concerned about the iPad itself. Geek cred is meaningless.

Second thing to:
    See "First thing to do" above.

Third thing to do:
    Quit pouting and follow the instructions others have given you here. Sounds like they've nailed down the problem pretty well.

15. Grubster macrumors member

I actually feel original posters pain when it comes to YouTube. It was so frustrating trying to watch a video and it NEVER loads. Pissed me off too so many times. I really think it is an apple bug. My iPad 2 works much better with YouTube, but occassionaly it will hiccup. I think there is a design flaw in the iPad YouTube app.

But, I never had the safari issues you are describing. Even compared web loading between iPad 1 and 2 side by side. 2 was marginally faster loading web pages. Reloading pages on iPad 1 was annoying. Anyhow, sold iPad 1 so I have no worries. Just trade up to an iPad 2 and you will be flying!

16. falconeight Guest

falconeight

17. hayden.ostrom9 macrumors newbie

Try double clicking the home button and ending the apps that you have in the multitasking tray. Might be a no brainer, but you never know with people these days :p

18. h4lp m3 macrumors 6502

my iPad's pissing me off too,
    think I want to throw it on the GROUND!!!

Whatchoo think I'm stupid?!!! :confused:

19. LeakedDave macrumors regular

:D

Anyways, people saying the Xoom isn't a piece of crap compared to an iPad? CRAZY! REFORMAT RIGHT NOW. AND STOP JAILBREAKING.

20. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

you Jailbreak? Your Fault! Don't come here bitching about your dumb mistake!

21. macrat macrumors regular

There's your culprit. You cannot address this problem unless you reset your iPad to default first. Afterwards you can jailbreak again at will. This is not a catastrophic issue. It's a mundane issue and the remedy is a no-brainer.

22. radiogoober macrumors 6502a

You jailbreak your iPad, and then blame the iPad? Lol. Restore yor iPad.

23. IsaacM macrumors member

The same exact thing happened to me when i jailbroke my ipad 2. Surfing the web and youtube because superslow. Plus a bunch of other bugs.

My advice to you is to restore your ipad ans try using it jailbreak free.

Good luck.

24. Stefx73 macrumors regular

You can't sleep because of an issue with an electronic gadget?

25. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Exactly!!! :D