Hi All: The question: For a video production pro using a 2010 classic Mac Pro that isn't performing as well as the professional would like, what should they do for an upgrade? Option A, wait for new new Mac Pro? (although the pro probably cannot wait till WWDC) Option B, get a windows/PC, and if so any recommendations? Option C, upgrade his classic Mac Pro, and if so, what video cards and/or components do you think he should get for his budgets? TLDR; I'm recommending Option C, but I'm not sure what video card to recommend he upgrade to for better Premiere/FCPX use and hope folks have suggestions on this option or any of the options A-C. THANKS! Some background: I'm hoping folks here can give their thoughts on how to best upgrade a classic 2010 Mac Pro for video production, or whether to ditch the mac for a windows 10 machine. This is for a really amazing creative mac fellow that's working on a super important (and I think really nicely done) project, namely this: http://www.spilledmilkmovie.com Anyway, here is his circumstance: His machine: 2010 Mac Pro Boot Drive is 1TB hybrid drive (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EIQTOFY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) Work Drive is 4TB 3.5" spinner (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQH7MQ2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage) 2x2.4GHz Quad-Core intel Xeon 24 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC 2 ATI Radeon HD 5770's 3 screens: (2)x 1900x1200s, (1) 1600x1200 1 Inatek USB 3.0 PCI card OSX 10.11.12 Software he prefers to run: Premiere Pro After Effects Current problems with his rig: -When Premier exports/renders the complete timeline of his video project (which includes motion graphics as well as few plugins), it is glitchy. For example, it often results in a crash during rendering. -Also, he says he recently discovered that his machine wont even run the latest version of Premiere. -He wants to be able to do 4K video, perhaps upgrading his screens. Budget: About $2000 to upgrade the mac or about $3800 for a new windows PC (and some flexibility for suggestions in between) Anyway, here were some of my thoughts for him, but hoping you guys can provide your own best thoughts for him: Option A: wait for new new mac pro from now till WWDC. No on this. It may be worth considering, but he doesnt want to wait indefinitely and unless it happens in the next month or so, probably not a realistic option (for expense reasons and I suspect nothing will be announced till WWDC at best) Option B: consider switching to PC. My vote is no, but I'm biased against PCs. Since he has a decent PC budget, I really wasn't sure what was better, to just switch to Windows, or upgrade the 5,1. I know for my use, I'd do almost anything to stay on the mac, but I dont want my OS bigotry get in the way of his real need to get work done. I just dont know the PC side well enough, so perhaps others here could provide their thoughts. Option C: upgrade the 5,1 cMP. This is my suggestion based on my limited knowledge of the PC side. I figured he could upgrade his 5,1 mac for about $2500 to be quite formidable as follows: He can upgrade the processor to 12core 3.46GHz processors with a little bit of do it yourself work (~ $700) off ebay, or just getting a plug in new tray like this (~ $1000): (http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-Core-3-4...825953?hash=item3d0c4493e1:g:sooAAOSwDk5T7bsP) Upgrade his 1TB hybrid drive to a fast PCI based SSD like from this thread (~$700): (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/sata-express-meets-the-09-macpro-bootable-ngff-pcie-ssd.1685821/) Upgrade the video card, but the problem is I don't know what video card to recommend for him. Ideally it would be a card that helps accelerate Premiere and maybe even Final Cut Pro X if he ever chooses to try it. MY guess is he could get something great from macvidcards.com (~$700) that is great, or even just a decent PC card. I just dont know what would do best for Premiere and/or Final Cut Pro X. Upgrade bluetooth and WifI (~$150) (http://www.macvidcards.com/store/p33/Wifi_AC_and_Bluetooth_Airport_Card.html) Upgrade to 4k screen, not really specific to mac. I've seen throw away screens as cheap as $250! (http://www.walmart.com/ip/46867816?...0903112&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=152842183712&veh=sem) What do you guys think is the best move? I made it a poll for fun too, votes are public.