help plz (iPod touch registration)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by las121, Dec 28, 2008.

1. las121 macrumors newbie

plz help i got a new i pod touch for the store my other was broken so i got a brand new one and it says my registration hasnt started plz help im really frusterated

2. alexprice macrumors 6502a

Windows? Mac? Screenshot? Anything? :)

3. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i got it today i told them what happend and they guy said ok ill get you a new i pod i said alright and then the guy
    unregistered the old one and i think he registered the other but... it might take a while i dont know

4. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

no i tryed it on a windows it showed me a message but at my home itunes dosnt work

5. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Your punctuation keys are also broken! :eek: :p

So you've had a touch for awhile and received a replacement touch. You are trying to move content or what? What do you mean "the guy
    unregistered the old one and i think he registered the other"? The worker opened your iPod? Why? :confused:

6. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

should i w8 till a registration comes through maybe??

7. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

i went in store and asked him wht to do i didnt even think he would exchange it.
    he told me he has to change some info.

8. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol my bad about the punctuation im just a lilttle pissed

9. Macles007 macrumors newbie

Do you mean it won't connect in iTunes? Was this an Apple Store?

10. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it shows the connect to i tunes icon and when i put it in it show registration not started

11. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Ok, we understand you are new to MacRumors and you are "pissed" about your touch. But, in order for us to help you, you are going to have to form complete sentences and answer some of the questions that are being asked. ;)

Slow down and tell us (with details) exactly what is happening. :)

12. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok at my friends house i pluged in my i pod touch.then my i pod showed a message i pod not registered

13. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Still, don't really understand your situation but... :confused:

You do know that an iPod can only be "Activated" on one computer. Maybe you activated it on your friends computer and your computer now will not recognize it?

14. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont think i could have because when i tryed to get the connect itune icon to disappear the i tunes didnt recognize it it said my ipod was not yet registered but i cant get my i pod working on my computer because i have vista and it dosnt work for me

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Ok you need to know that the forums aren't text messages. If you want to forgo things like punctuation and clear sentences then at least spell words out completely. You don't even need to spell them correctly.

Now, when you get your iPod it will show a picture of a usb plug and the iTunes icon. You need to plug it into your computer and go through the initial setup process. From there, you can only sync your iPod with one computer and that computer should be one you have access to often

16. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

lmao your straight up aren't you it does show me the the i con but how do i set it p after?

17. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i re read the last comment and the problem is that I'm not even getting past the part were i plug it in and the message shows up

18. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

If it is showing a plug in and the iTunes symbol then plug it in and follow the on screen directions in iTunes. It should show up under devices on the left side of iTunes. Here is a pic…

Attached Files:

19. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

yup it show that exactly but once i do plug it in im getting a message saying the product is unregistered.

20. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

When you plug it in does iTunes open? If so what does it say when you click on the iPod in the Device list?

21. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

it shows up for a second maybe, then it tells me a message saying the product registration hasn't started

22. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Assuming you have everything as listed in the manual then I'm at a lose as to what the problem could be. Here is a link to the manual…

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPod_touch_2.2_User_Guide.pdf

23. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

ill cheak it out but if i dont get it fixed in like a couple days ill ask for a repair service or ill go to the store again but thanks all of for ur help

24. las121 thread starter macrumors newbie

though if u have any thing else to add then feel free i appreciate any help