Help redoing my room.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by twistedlegato, Apr 22, 2007.

1. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ok guy my parents said I can redo my room:)

I need

1. Bed Frame
    2. Drawers/cabnits (for clothes)
    3. Desk
    4. Book Shelves

Bed fram has to be off the ground except for the legs of course:D

My drawers for clothes i would like to be un kiddy and possible very light wood.

My desk, i do not want to buy a desk, i want to buy a table top, legs, and drawers to help be the otehr side of the tables legs. Basiclly a do-it-yourself table.

Book shelves i would prefer to be something i can nail of the wall in a corner, preferablly a light colored wood.

I have having some trouble finding nice stuff so help would be greatly apprecianted.

Plus i need it to be pretty cheap, but good quality so it can last about 5 more years.

Thanks guys, stuff from Ikea is very good too!

EDIT: Also a very comfy chair with wheels thats can spin around.

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

What size bed? And how big does you desk/table have to be (what size monitor, speakers, do you study on your desk or somewhere esle, etc?

3. bartelby macrumors Core

4. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I have a Macbook, and a Twin sized bed, sorry for not saying that:eek:, i plan to eventually get an iMac 20" or 24", but i really do want to have a small desk because know mine is so giagantic taking up so much space in my room.

Yup, about an hour away though. The Atlanta one.

5. bartelby macrumors Core

Lots of nice, well priced goodies in there!

6. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

For a bed, you could go either with the Malm (I have the Full sized version, it's nice) or the Lillehammer if you don't want a headboard. If your room is small, you might also look at the Tromsö (I think they might even have a shelf that fits underneath to make a desk.

7. shecky Guest

shecky

8. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Ooooh i love Lillehammer im bookmarking that:)

I like it alot becuase it has that very light wood on it.

9. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

For the clothes chests, look at both the Ånes 2 drawer and 4 drawer designs (although they might look better with the Malm than the Lillehammer) and the Rakke.

10. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I like Anes 4 drawer one, thanks very much TheAnswer you hav giving me lots of answers!

Also tahnks everyone else

Also of course i have a Mac and a Mac need to be on a desk, so next im looking for a desk. Thanks everyone. I put the kind of desk i would like in the OP.

11. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

You said your current desk was too big, right? How wide by deep is it? or is the more old-fashioned kind with drawers and you just don't like that about it?

12. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

my current desk

Attached Files:

13. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I can't tell the exact size from the photo, but I'd check out the Vika Blecket if you are the creative type. They have other options too (some smaller or a different shape). For the legs, check out the Annefors and Kaj leg types. For the storage, pick something funky from here that goes with everything.

I don't really have any ideas for the shelving...every time I tried the kind of shelves you like, they always fell down. IKEA's shelving and bookcase section is here though.

14. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I like to Kaj legs. And the desk is too expensive. There is a $10 one that looks nice but its page wont open:( It;s called Vika Amon.

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I noticed that on some of the items, I don't think it means they have been discontinued. And they actually have more tabletop options in the store than when you look online also.

Keep in mind that they usually add stuff in starting in June so that it will be ready for the new catalog which comes in mid-August.

16. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Wait a sec. new stuff in August or June?

17. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

New stuff starting usually in June and they should have most of it in store by August...it trickles in over the summer. That said, they might also discontinue some of the stuff they have now.

So, buy what you love now and if you can't find something that you are happy with in one area or two areas (for example, the desk chair), hang on to what you have for now and see if something better shows up later on in the summer.

18. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Yeah i really love the bed, and the clothe chest, but the cloth chect might be too small, but i will see in person later. Thanks alot, but i am still having trouble with the shelf for books!

19. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I have the MALM bed set, and a set of drawers from the series as well. The picture of the chest of drawers is not the best, but it is a blonde wood.

Attached Files:

20. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Help redoing my room. I read as "Help redoing my mom" and I thought we were on for "Extreme Makeover, Parental Edition"... ;)

21. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

:D :D :D :D

Any ways i really like the MALM clothes chests, but i dont like the MALM bed frame compared to the LILLIEHAMMER, would it clash, or not match? Also a bedside table would be needed.

22. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I think the Lillehammer and Malm are pretty close, but it's definitely something to look at in person. The Malm is a veneer, and I believe the Ånes is too. The Lillehammer is just a foil (a sticker) made to look like natural wood. If they did a good job with the sticker, they could be close enough so that you don't have problems.

Here is the Ånes bedside table, the Malm bedside table (which you can only use with the Malm headboard (it connects to the back of it)...I also found that desk I mentioned earlier that fits under the Tromsö bed. I figured I'd give you the link, even if it's not exactly your style.

For the shelves...are we talking a lot of books (if so, paperbacks or hardbacks), trophies?, Blythe dolls?, Coke bottles?, what's going on these shelves?

23. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I have had the Tromso loft with desk underneath and it was great (now 3 years later it is still in great shape and being utilized by my room mate). I reccomend it.

24. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I'd also recommend taking a trip to ikea and seeing the items for yourself. I know I've picked out a few things online, only to get to ikea, and say 'Oh, thats not exactly what I had in mind...' and then leave with something else.

25. twistedlegato thread starter macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Yes a lot of books and someother stuff too like Coke bottles and other trickety things. Wait a second, the Lilliehammer is not made of wood? I might have to reconsider that.