Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTecFan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
N/A
Hi, the it said on the order form Snow Leopard would ship Aug 28,2009 and would come within 8 days.
Well Snow Leopard has not come yet can anyone help e-mail apple instead of calling them or give me another way to help me :)

Also I live in canada
Standard Shipping

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
You'll need to contact them yourself unless you want to give a random stranger your name, phone number, email address, home address, and credit card. ;)

summits

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Yeah, same happened to me. ordered on Aug 17th as UTD and shipped on Augusut 28th. Didn't arrive yet. So made the call to Apple and they considered it "lost in transit". After waiting 3 business days after the expected ship date (said by September 3rd), I called again today (8th) and the lady helped me order a retail copy of Snow Leopard. Now....just waitting......This UTD thing is really screwed up...Best advice: call Apple customer support

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
Hi, the it said on the order form Snow Leopard would ship Aug 28,2009 and would come within 8 days.
Well Snow Leopard has not come yet can anyone help e-mail apple instead of calling them or give me another way to help me :)

Also I live in canada
Standard Shipping

I'm in Canada and I haven't got mine yet either. They got a nasty customer feedback survey from me (not just for being late, but for awful phone customer service).

CanadianEh

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2009
Crap

Same here (Canada). I ordered (upgrade) mine on the 28th. I called and they just said it was shipped. My sister ordered the regular one on the same day and got hers on the following Monday via FEDEX. I think the upgrade ones are going through regular mail. :mad:

supersphinxman

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2008
USA
My UTD disc was scheduled for delivery on September 1st but no dice. I called Apple this past Saturday and they expedited me a retail copy of SL. Just received it today.

spike8585

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2009
I was surprised to see this thread, I thought I was the only one.
Same story, shipped on the 28th, expected to be delivered on the 3rd, nothing...
Mine was also with the up-to-date program.

I just downloaded it to try out until i get my Intel 160gb SSD in a few weeks.
I figured I might as well, as I already purchased a license.
I'll do a fresh install on my SSD with SL once they both come.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Hmm, that's weird. When did you guys that haven't gotten it yet order it? I ordered mine on the 24th I think, and I got it at 10:30AM on the 28th. I'm guessing if you ordered on or after the 28th, there are probably gonna be delays because of high demand, especially knowing Apple and Canada (3GS joke :D).

trungthiendo

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2008
same here, still haven't received my copy yet.

Shipped AUG 31st with schedule delivery date of SEPT 3, its going through regular post. Apple support for this is horrible, once they hear UTD program they just play the phone game with you, transferring you from department to department. I got firm with a rep after being transferred 4 times and having to wait 15 mins each time. They just told me to call back tomorrow if i don't have it. You have to wait 3 business days after the scheduled delivery date, then they'll ship out a replacement through fed ex or ups

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
I ordered july 3rd, shipped aug 28, supposed to arrive sept 3, it is now sept 8 and I have nothing. I'm calling and complaining tomorrow.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009

Also I live in canada
Standard Shipping

Why can't you call them yourself???

Mine showed up late too. I had to call them because my optical drive stopped working but while I was on the phone with them I asked them to look up my order because it had not been yet received by me. They said to give it another day but gave me a case # for follow-up in case it didn't show up and they would re-send. It showed up the next day. Can't install it though as I need to wait for the optical drive to be sent to the apple store so I can take my computer there to get it exchanged.

AnotherFanBoy

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2009
I have a very different experience here in the UK. I ordered it through UTD on a Sunday, it was despatched on the Monday (a bank holiday) and I received it Thursday morning.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble, which mainly seems like it's in Canada.

DMunky168

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2009
Seems like I was not the only one... I gave them a call and they right away dispatch another copy but this time with a tracking number.
You should do it!

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA

Also I live in canada
Standard Shipping

not being pissy here, but what can anyone on this forum do for you? call Apple and ask them....

spike8585

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2009
So, i just called apple, and they have great support. AND they are English. That is rare in this day and age. :p

So, the guy told me that they will send me a "Retail Box" to replace it, sent with a tracking number. With emphasis on the "Retail Box".

Does that mean that with the up-to-date program, they dont send a retail box? Just a disc is a sleeve perhaps?

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
So, i just called apple, and they have great support. AND they are English. That is rare in this day and age. :p

So, the guy told me that they will send me a "Retail Box" to replace it, sent with a tracking number. With emphasis on the "Retail Box".

Does that mean that with the up-to-date program, they dont send a retail box? Just a disc is a sleeve perhaps?

I called and there was no mention of a retail box, but said they would send 'another one', but with a tracking number.

I want my retail box!

spike8585

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2009
I called and there was no mention of a retail box, but said they would send 'another one', but with a tracking number.

I want my retail box!

I just got my confirmation of shipment. To be delivered on Friday!!
From the original UTD shipment, the product was listed as:

MAC OS X10.6 SNOWLEOPARD UTD FULLFIL-INT (MC204Z/A)

This one is listed as:

MAC OS X 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD RETAIL-INT (MC223Z/A)

Cool!

thesmoth

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2008
I just got my confirmation of shipment. To be delivered on Friday!!
From the original UTD shipment, the product was listed as:

MAC OS X10.6 SNOWLEOPARD UTD FULLFIL-INT (MC204Z/A)

This one is listed as:

MAC OS X 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD RETAIL-INT (MC223Z/A)

Cool!

MAC OS X 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD RETAIL-INT

Yay, retail on the way!

I wonder what the heck happened to my UTD disc? Did canada post just toss them all in the dumpster?

spike8585

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2009
MAC OS X 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD RETAIL-INT

Yay, retail on the way!

I wonder what the heck happened to my UTD disc? Did canada post just toss them all in the dumpster?

They probably gave them out to their employees. They can at least afford a MAC because they are over paid government workers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.