Help! Upgrade is due, should I wait for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phamduc.minhanh, Oct 2, 2011.

?

MacBook Air, iPad 2, iPhone 4. Now what?

  1. Buy iPhone 4S/5 when it comes out.

    10 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Buy other phones now.

    2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. Wait for iPhone 4S/5 and see how it goes.

    11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  4. Just keep the iPhone 4. Do not buy anything.

    3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  1. phamduc.minhanh, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2011

    phamduc.minhanh macrumors newbie

    phamduc.minhanh

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2011
    Location:
    Singapore, Singapore
    #1
    Greetings,

    I am using MacBook Air, iPad 2 and iPhone 4. The first two are amazing, especially the iPad. Since I bought it, my iPhone usage has become minimal. Maybe it is also because I have owned all 4 generations of iPhone, so it is becoming boring, but I do not really know.

    My handset upgrade is due soon, probably in one week's time. If I wait for the iPhone 5's release, it will be available here in my location in December. Otherwise, there are a couple of good phones around or to be released soon too, namely, BlackBerry Touch 9900, Torch 9850 and 9810, HTC Evo 3D and Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid Bionic and Atrix, Nokia N9, LG Optimus 3D, Sony Ericsson Arc and so on.

    Applications and games are not that important to me (my iPhone only has 3 now: Yahoo Messenger, FaceBook and What's App), all of my applications are on my iPad anyway.

    The only things that drag me back are the iPhone's superior compability with my MacBook Air and its super thin and beautiful design.

    What would you do if you were in my situation? If you decided not to buy the iPhone 5, what phone would you consider and why?
     
  2. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
  3. brodas macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2010
    #3
    Uh, wait 42 hrs and you can decide then. Remember if you upgrade to something else you won't be able to upgrade every year like past iphones
     
  4. vitzr macrumors 68030

    vitzr

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2011
    Location:
    California
    #4
    I'm not interested in the risk I would be exposed to with the iPhone 5's telephone performance. The antenna engineers were only hired a year ago and have most likely been restricted by Jobs, as were their predecessors who warned of the antenna problem on iPhone 4 before it shipped. Jobs refused to listen and signed it off anyway. Even the Apple influenced Wall St Journal confirmed this.

    Jobs will always choose to sacrifice performance in the interest of style. They've been doing it for years, its no surprise. Had I not trusted Apple & pre-ordered I wouldn't have been duped.

    Nonetheless after another year under Tim Cook, Apple's brilliant new CEO, I'm feeling good about iPhone 6 and the A6 chip. This will be a long term choice as opposed to the temporary A5 chip.

    I've already purchased my next phone. It's a new Samsung Galaxy S 2, one of the best Android phones thus far. I got lucky when in the UK about 6 weeks ago and got an unlocked & carrier logo free model. I'm using it on AT&T and the phone is exemplary as is the smartphone functions. This is fast, fun and does all I need and more.
     
  5. wordoflife macrumors 604

    wordoflife

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    #5
    Wait until Tuesday, Oct 4 until I make a decision.
     
  6. comper macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 27, 2011
    Location:
    Michigan
    #6
    You should probably buy another iPhone 4 RIGHT NOW and keep it as a backup.

    Seriously, though, do whatever you want. These threads are dumb.
     
  7. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

    CBillups1

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2008
    Location:
    Michigan

Share This Page