Help with Broken Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by harleymhs, Jul 6, 2011.

1. harleymhs macrumors 6502

My daughter just dropped her 2 month old White Iphone and broke the front glass screen. Whats the FASTEST and cheapest way to get her a new phone? ( with out her sending it anywhere) ( u know these 20 year old girls ) Back to apple or ATT? I thought I heard that APPLE has a trade in program for 199.00 and they give you a new phone flat fee repair? Does ATT offer something like this as well? Thanks for your input..

2. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Go to an Apple store, give them the broken phone and $199 and walk out with a perfectly good refurbished phone. It is called an out of warranty replacement.

3. dickdaney macrumors regular

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Since it was physical damage, it will count as an out of warranty exchange/repair so you will need to fork out $200. You give them the old phone, they give you a new one.

However, depending on how tech savvy you are: You can buy the white iPhone 4 screens on eBay for ~$60 and do the repair yourself. There are many good tutorials on the internet with images. :eek:

5. iPhone Warrior macrumors member

As it's only 2 months old, I would take it to Apple. For 199 they will swap out your phone and it will continue the original warranty. If you take it to a 3rd party then your remaining warranty would be voided.
    Plus some have said that when they made an appt at the Apple store and went in with a humble and kind attitude, Apple swapped out the phone as a 1 time courtesy. Give that a try. http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
    Good luck.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Set up an appointment with your local Apple Store and when you speak to the "Genius" just tell them that the phone was dropped and shattered.

Trust me, say exactly that. Don't add, remove, or change anything from the story and you might be surprised with the results :)

7. flipster macrumors 6502a

Take it to apple not AT&T.

Long story short, my friend shattered her 3GS screen 6 months in, and apple gave her a new one for free. Same goes for many others

80% of the time you will walk out of the store wIth a free phone.