help with dented iphone4

andrea777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2010
I got my phone not even a week ago and my friend dropped it on concrete :-(
It now has a dent on the side, and I was wondering if someone had some advice. Does anyone know where I can repair it?
I had already put an invisible shield on it, the screen is fine, its just a really ugly dent on the side...

malevolant

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Boston, MA
It now has a dent on the side, and I was wondering if someone had some advice. Does anyone know where I can repair it?
I had already put an invisible shield on it, the screen is fine, its just a really ugly dent on the side...
That's why I only let people touch my phone if they are sitting with a table or other platform under their hands.

On a serious note...that sucks man...I haven't heard of any dented phones yet, just cracked screens.

jacollins

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
If the steel's dented, I think you are screwed. Haven't heard anything about replacement antenna's for the iPhone 4. A bumper will hide it though.

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
Ouch :(

So sorry to hear that.

Ask to see if Apple can do something for you (I doubt it will be free if they can repair it at all).

Lesson learned, put a bumper or a case next time :)

helloimD4NNY

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
My lesson learned: Do not let my friends play with my iPhone unless they're on a bed or carpet.

Sorry about your phone though, bro. Is the dent affecting your phone signal in any way?

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Get a new friend!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Take it to Apple and have it repaired and make your "friend" pay for it.

ARH1956

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
NE Alabama
Like many others you now know what you have on your phone is nearly invisible but hardly a shield. As others have said, try an Apple Store or get a case to hide the dent.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yet another victim who didn't purchase the phone with an Amex or equivalent card with accidental damage coverage. Had you done this you could've let anyone play with your phone without worry for 90 days. Everybody will have seen or played with one after 3 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.