Help!! With MacBook Pro Keeps Crashing!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DJMAC3000, Jan 10, 2013.

1. DJMAC3000 macrumors newbie

I dont know why but my MacBook Pro keep randomly crashing lately it been having multiple problems first my apps would crash then I try to to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Mountain lion and it would not let me reinstall mountain lion. So I had to do a Time Machine backup that worked but my MacBook continuly crash no at random points. I dont know what's wrong the hard drive brand new had it maybe a week old and I add a 8gb if ram

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Calm down and tell me which model or year is your MBP. Also, have you done Apple Hardware Tests?

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. DJMAC3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the MacBook Pro 13" mid 2009 model and yes that the error I get everytime

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

When did the error start? Was it after or before any of the changes you mentioned. I am quickly thinking hardware issue. But we have to pinpoint it. Did it happen after the RAM or after the HDD change?

6. DJMAC3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only hardware testing I done was trying to repair and verify the disk and I try doing a repair permission but it kept crashing before it could finish

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Like I said, after which change did the errors start?

8. DJMAC3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I upgraded the ram and the hard drive at the same time but yes this started after I install the new component in to my MacBook

But when I first formatted the hard drive mountain lion install no problem but the second time and still now it will not install

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ok, do you have the original RAM sticks that were in your Mac? If so, swap the new ones with the old ones. If errors persist then we know the hard drive is faulty and you have to contact your vendor for warranty assistance. Else, if the error stops, then you have bad RAM sticks and the same applies, apply for warranty service. (or RMA, whichever it is)

10. DJMAC3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see what I can do I really don't have any tools right now to get my MacBook open I have to see what I can do or might have to get back with you on this if its not to much trouble

But yes I still have the old ram and hard drive

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

When ever you can do swap them out. I have a strong feeling its hardware related. Just stick in the old RAM and report back.

12. DJMAC3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright I will let you know when I can I most likely have to buy so screw driver kit that fit those sizes thank for the help so far

13. simsaladimbamba

Really? ****, I guess the OP did not experience what I anticipated. Should be more like TS then. Understood.

14. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Its always best to wait. However, given that its always .5 chance that you guess right, odds are you'll be right most of the time. So, clam it.

Of coarse, it is better to wait as in this case he did mention in the very first post about changing RAM and HDD, clear signs of manipulating hardware. It is much logical to check that first before blasting him with links. Hardware is much more likely to be responsible before software in Macs. Apparently you haven't learned that because you are too busy blasting people with links rather than trying to comprehend, understand and analyze what is going on in a post.

15. simsaladimbamba

I guess you have seen all my posts then? There are countless of threads where I don't jump the gun with links and try to get all the necessary information and help on the way.
    I am quite good with analysing posts and am able to comprehend them, but many times it is just a repeating process* and I am strangely able to get it right the first time. Of course there are also times, when I am totally wrong, but as far as I remember (which is selectively subjective of course), those incidents are in the minority.
    I understand, why you and others do not like Mister GGJstudios' and my posting style, especially with all those links and such, but that is my style and I can live with it.

Just recently I came upon this thread (post #3 ff.), where I did a lengthy troubleshoot with another poster, which was not easily resolved by me putting in links. It took 50 posts or so (the other poster's posts and my posts combined) of back and forth and exchanging of information to get it right, in a way.

Anyway, you do it your way, and I do it my way, that is the way it is, and my way has proven to be mostly successful for me. If the occasion occurs it does not, I am also able to adjust and even change my links or guides and even my attitude.

Have a good night, and till next time, when we hopefully get along better. :)

* meaning lots of problems keep repeating, like kernel panics or malware angst or battery issues or HDD/SSD transplants or RAM exchanges or connecting to a TV or ...

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't care about your past posts (I could say the same about me in the iPhone section). I could care less. What I care is what I see. I saw you jumping the gun.

Next time don't. Even if you have a gut feeling. Also, I don;t care about the links as long as they are used right. However in this case, blasting a new member as such is not good. Newbies need at first to be taken lightly as you want to help them, not consider them as one more (one more customer).

17. simsaladimbamba

That is how you perceived it, but I agree, the links might not have been necessary, but that is how I think and for all I know, such newbie might profit from that.

Anyway, it is tiresome, it's early and I have to listen to some audio to check it out, and frankly, I should also care less about this message board and how others perceive me. I am what I am, and you will not change me and others will not too. We just have different perspectives, can we leave it at that?

18. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Like I said, I don't care, but will call you out when I see fit and necessary to maintain a proper discussion. Like now, it wasn't necessary so I call it out.

19. simsaladimbamba

Yes, you care, otherwise you would not call me out. Anyway, until next time, though I wish it was calderone I was writing with.

20. throAU macrumors 603

throAU

That error is NORMALLY (i.e., most likely, but not always) a memory error.

You can maybe confirm or rule this out without needing to open the machine (you say you don't have tools handy, so this is something you can do until you do) by running the apple hardware test and selecting memory test, i forget the magic keypress (d ?) on boot screen to get into it.

21. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Not under ML in a 2009 machine, you either need to insert the old disks to run the Hardware Test or, you just swap out for the old sticks and check if the error persists.

Although Hardware Test will tell you a general idea what went down. And yes, I am also leaning strongly to memory error.