Help with rearranging icons, on an Intel Mac

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Zwhaler, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I have spent several hours searching for a good step by step process on how to change the order of my icons/apps on my iPod touch. I found bits and pieces of how to do it, something about a plist file, something about NotePad, but nothing concrete. Most of the references and downloads that I tried were windows only, so pretty much I am just asking for a guide (or a link to one) on how to change my icon order on my iPod touch on an Intel Mac. Thanks :)

2. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

3. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I've tried this before... when I try to open it it tells me that it is unable to determine the file format. What do I open it with?

4. jhjerlin macrumors newbie

I'm guessing you are using windows? If so I'm not the guy who should be giving advice. But I can try.

iOrder seems to be the ****. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=369366

otherwise, if you're on a mac, just open the file with the Property List Editor. You need to have your development tools installed. Contained on your OS X CD.
    Or you can just download PlistEdit Pro 1.3. http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14363

Good luck again.

5. Zwhaler thread starter macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah, I'm on an intel mac (hence the title) your download worked, thanks a bunch!

6. jhjerlin macrumors newbie

Oh, hehe... I just take it for granted that everyone has the dev.tools installed. So the only explanation for the .plist-file not opening was you running windows.
    But still, the title and your signature should have provided me with a hint. ;)

Hope you enjoy your icon rearranged iPod touch! :)