General HELPFUL iOS 7 PACKAGE: SwipeSelection (no backspace/Shift key glitch)

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
Really? I'm a registered member and iOS developer with over 1.000 posts and 4 years on this website yet you wouldn't trust anything? You must live a fun life.
Posts on this site mean nothing and how do we know you are a registered developer? Does that really mean we can trust you?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Posts on this site mean nothing and how do we know you are a registered developer? Does that really mean we can trust you?
Posts mean quite a lot, a spambot trying to install brick packages on a device would not have 1.000+ posts >.>

To be honest, I don't care if people don't believe me. I was just trying to make some peoples lives easier.

Here's me posting it on reddit, with others verifying

stevelam

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2010
I can confirm the swipe selection tweak works on my iPhone 5 jb 7.0.4. It fixed the delete issue but did not fix the shift-selection issue (it still selects 2 characters at a time)

But for what it's worth, the original tweak developer says he's gonna be updating/fixing it when he gets ios7.

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Apparently the OP would rather perpetuate an argument than verify sources. I've seen enough.

You post a thread, explaining NOTHING about the context of what you are posting about and then you argue using some irrelevant information that your RANDOM third party file sharing links are fixes for things which you fail to explain.

Pretty much the poster child for dummies on the internet downloading random files from unknown sources.

Please refer to my avatar.

Edit: I understand that you probably don't have bad intentions. What you should understand though is you shouldn't assume everything is as informal as reddit. Explaining your post is basic forum etiquette.
Don't like it move along, no one cares what you believe or not.. if I look at something and I think it is fishy, I do not go about asking people to prove they are not fishy.. you know what I do.. wait for it.. genius idea right here... just quietly move along...

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Don't like it move along, no one cares what you believe or not.. if I look at something and I think it is fishy, I do not go about asking people to prove they are not fishy.. you know what I do.. wait for it.. genius idea right here... just quietly move along...
Thanks mate :) just thought I'd help some people out and spread christmas cheer but apparently not :3

jdaniel

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2009
Lviv, Ukraine
Yeah these days no good deed goes unpunished. I usually just ignore idiots but sometimes people need a lesson in how to behave, same thing happening in the plex forums some guys created a great free app that runs some stuff and instead of saying thank u, it's thank you but when can we have abc.....then inundate them with questions n unwanted repeated comments etc...

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Yeah these days no good deed goes unpunished. I usually just ignore idiots but sometimes people need a lesson in how to behave, same thing happening in the plex forums some guys created a great free app that runs some stuff and instead of saying thank u, it's thank you but when can we have abc.....then inundate them with questions n unwanted repeated comments etc...
And people wonder why so many developers have given up on the jailbreak community. Sucks to see stuff like this happen :/ oh well.

Don't try on 5S. May work on prior versions
Won't work on iOS 7 until MobileSubstrate is updated :(

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Good luck to anybody who installed that substrate hack.

Here's saurik's comments regarding that:
(This is horribly dangerous: MSHookFunction is not designed to be used on functions that might actively be running; this makes Substrate get injected into launchd while launchd is loading launch daemons... no one should install this; it doesn't even solve the problem remotely correctly for anything but SpringBoard/backboardd, and will end up leaving you with Substrate having been randomly applied to different background processes.)

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
I had it installed from cydia. It was a package. I uninstalled the package and rebooted, should I be Okay now or do I need to do a restore?
I believe removal of the package was all that was needed.

However, if you're bored today a clean restore and re-set of your device wouldn't hurt :D

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
thanks.

offtopic, what's TomLube's Icon Pack?
Hahaha sorry, it's just so you don't have to look at question marks in Cydia in my repo & installed on your phone. You don't need to install it (to be honest you can probably remove my repo after you install SwipeSelection).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.