Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
How about you focus on delivering some good computers instead of useless emojis...?

I’m going to let you know a magical fact. The people who deal with emoji aren’t the ones making computers. They have a team of people that design emoji. Those people do not make computers, they don’t fix bugs, they do emoji. I know this is a difficult concept, but it’s true.

frankfenn

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
Canada
back to the basics...

basics.jpg

dvoros

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2010

If they are available in June and Apple has released IOS 12 to beta users, why do we always have to wait ?

The Unicode Consortium today announced it has finalized a new set of 157 emoji that companies like Apple will be able to implement later this year. There are actually only 77 new emoji in total, as some have multiple skin tones.

ios-12-emoji.jpg

Jeremy Burge, who runs the popular emoji-themed website Emojipedia, has shared sample images of every new emoji in an Apple-like style to show how they might look on devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Emoji 11.0 will include several new hairstyles and types, including male and female faces with red hair, curly hair, gray hair at a younger age, and no hair or baldness, along with hot and cold faces, and woozy and pleading faces.

emoji-faces.jpg

Other notable inclusions are new male and female superhero and supervillain options, a face with a party hat, and emojis for well-known activities such as sewing, knitting, lacrosse, softball, frisbee, chess, and skateboarding.

emoji-11-superheroes.jpg

New animals and insects include a kangaroo, parrot, peacock, swan, badger, llama, lobster, hippopotamus, raccoon, and mosquito.

New food options include a bagel, lettuce, mango, and cupcake, among others, while new objects range from a fire extinguisher and test tube to a toilet paper roll and sponge. There's even a pirate flag and an infinity symbol.

emoji-11-objects.jpg

Emoji 11.0 will be part of the Unicode 11.0 standard, scheduled for release this June. The new emoji typically start showing up on mobile devices in August or September, so expect to see them on iPhones and iPads around iOS 12. The new emojis should extend to the Mac and Apple Watch at some point too.

Next up will be Emoji 12.0, part of the Unicode 12.0 standard, scheduled for release around March 2019. New guidelines in Emoji 12.0 will allow for emojis that currently face to the left or right only to face either direction.

Article Link: Here Are 150+ New Emoji Coming to iPhones and iPads Later This Year

HeyKatie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
I'm not about to read 7 pages. Are the accessibility emojis coming out soon or was that just a rumor?

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
I'm not about to read 7 pages. Are the accessibility emojis coming out soon or was that just a rumor?
Though Apple made a proposal last March to the Unicode consortium to add 9 accessibility emojis, this year’s Unicode 11.0 emoji were already finalized in February.

The soonest they could come would be in next year’s Unicode 12.0 release, assuming they receive approval (which I think likely).

Reactions: HeyKatie

Peperino

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2016
I’m going to let you know a magical fact. The people who deal with emoji aren’t the ones making computers. They have a team of people that design emoji. Those people do not make computers, they don’t fix bugs, they do emoji. I know this is a difficult concept, but it’s true.

I understand your irony, though they are still wasting resources to do more productive much more needed things.
I know that is difficult concept to understand, but Apple has been ignoring and putting on hold the development of its entire line of computers to the point that they are becoming a joke and obsolete.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
I understand your irony, though they are still wasting resources to do more productive much more needed things.
I know that is difficult concept to understand, but Apple has been ignoring and putting on hold the development of its entire line of computers to the point that they are becoming a joke and obsolete.

The resources they’re using on this can’t be used to make computers. They’re not wasting resources. Whether or not they’ve been updating other things is unrelated to this. Period.

trashmanjuan

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2018

The Unicode Consortium today announced it has finalized a new set of 157 emoji that companies like Apple will be able to implement later this year. There are actually only 77 new emoji in total, as some have multiple skin tones.

ios-12-emoji.jpg

Jeremy Burge, who runs the popular emoji-themed website Emojipedia, has shared sample images of every new emoji in an Apple-like style to show how they might look on devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Emoji 11.0 will include several new hairstyles and types, including male and female faces with red hair, curly hair, gray hair at a younger age, and no hair or baldness, along with hot and cold faces, and woozy and pleading faces.

emoji-faces.jpg

Other notable inclusions are new male and female superhero and supervillain options, a face with a party hat, and emojis for well-known activities such as sewing, knitting, lacrosse, softball, frisbee, chess, and skateboarding.

emoji-11-superheroes.jpg

New animals and insects include a kangaroo, parrot, peacock, swan, badger, llama, lobster, hippopotamus, raccoon, and mosquito.

New food options include a bagel, lettuce, mango, and cupcake, among others, while new objects range from a fire extinguisher and test tube to a toilet paper roll and sponge. There's even a pirate flag and an infinity symbol.

emoji-11-objects.jpg

Emoji 11.0 will be part of the Unicode 11.0 standard, scheduled for release this June. The new emoji typically start showing up on mobile devices in August or September, so expect to see them on iPhones and iPads around iOS 12. The new emojis should extend to the Mac and Apple Watch at some point too.

Next up will be Emoji 12.0, part of the Unicode 12.0 standard, scheduled for release around March 2019. New guidelines in Emoji 12.0 will allow for emojis that currently face to the left or right only to face either direction.

Article Link: Here Are 150+ New Emoji Coming to iPhones and iPads Later This Year
[doublepost=1531767456][/doublepost]What the frik do i need a leg emoji for? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.