Here Comes the Madness

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bryan Bowler, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

It's been nice over the last couple of months having some adult conversations on the upcoming MacBook Pro. We've exchanged some ideas, helped each other learn a few things or at least see some different points of view, and we've helped each other pass the time during this really long period between updates.

As most of you regulars know, we've seen an uptick in craziness around here. It's already increasing and unfortunately by tomorrow, this forum will take a turn for the worse and will be like the iPhone forum is for about 2-3 months every year. We will see a lot of rants about everything Apple introduces tomorrow into the MacBook Pro, some valid but mostly unfounded and uneducated rants. We'll see the usual posts about how someone swears up and down that they see a yellow tint on a portion of their screen. And the roving pack of trolls will arrive in full force, posting with fire and vinegar for the next 1-2 months. After that, things will start to settle down and this great forum will regain some normalcy.

Tis the night before the big event. Enjoy the calm before the storm!

Cheers...

2. samparmenter macrumors 6502

I have just found myself hoping that the nutters and apple haters have been out in force. Otherwise this is a sad reflection of the apple community.

3. Barrierfreeman macrumors regular

Barrierfreeman

The owners should really turn off the servers till Monday....but then they'll miss out on the sweet sweet ad revenue.

4. jerryk macrumors 68030

You must not be in the US. For the next month these forums will never compare with the vitriol dished out daily on any site that has a single political page.

5. Goatllama macrumors 6502a

Goatllama

I for one will enjoy the storm. Always makes for some laughs. :D

6. MareLuce macrumors 6502

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight!

7. Bryan Bowler thread starter macrumors 68040

I know the feeling!

8. Macalway, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016

Macalway macrumors 68020

9. fate0311 macrumors 6502

I just picked up the new MBP here in UK and the OLED bar has crazy backlight leak.

#leakgate

10. satchmo macrumors 68000

I'm not so sure about that. The sheer volume of anger is a combination of pent up demand for new products, and a passion for an Apple that many feel has lost it's way.

11. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Its sad but true. But part of me likes reading those threads and just laughing. Kind of, love to hate, thing.

12. fox10078 macrumors 6502

fox10078

Jesus christ you weren't kidding this place is a hellhole right now

13. Jayderek macrumors 6502

Jayderek

I need to stay away from the iOS10 threads as the ridiculous 'lag' complaints creep into just about every thread and now I think I need to bail from most of the notebook threads as well. Hopefully those that are threatening to get other laptops do so and vacate.

14. Bryan Bowler thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, I warned everyone, however the madness is even greater than I expected! LOL.

15. Bryan Bowler thread starter macrumors 68040