Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Always have this dam issue with every apple product, the XS Max is amazing screen size but I turned of True Tone and max brightness and its so yellow as I slightly turn the screen its so white and blueish why does this always happen it toke me ages to find new X last year that I was happy with, the tint issue is worse than X slightly movement its beautiful look straight at it has such a yellow tone

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
I always change the screen temperature myself as I prefer a cool/blue white.
Look in Accessibility, Screen Accommodations and fiddle about to taste.
it always changes contrast tho doesn't help we need a temp slider

Reactions: ColdShadow

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
This reminds me of when I had my OLED TV professionally calibrated, I couldn't stand it. I thought he had made the whites a yellow tint and the colours fade. However, it was my eyes that were the problem, not the TV.

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
I have a problem with the iPhone XS Max display. I have turned off TrueTone but white is yellow on my screen.

When I look 45 degrees onto zhe display I have perfect colors. White is pur white. When I move it slightly a few millimeters the colors are changing.

But when I hold it normally I have a yellowish screen. Is it normal for OLED screens or is my screen defective?

Last edited:

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Always have this dam issue with every apple product, the XS Max is amazing screen size but I turned of True Tone and max brightness and its so yellow as I slightly turn the screen its so white and blueish why does this always happen it toke me ages to find new X last year that I was happy with, the tint issue is worse than X slightly movement its beautiful look straight at it has such a yellow tone
That’s OLED. Back when people were complaining about the LCD display tints and demanding OLED displays to solve the problem I told them OLED was going to create more issues that way than it solved because there’s an even higher variance among different samples of OLED displays than there is among the very refined LCD displays Apple was using in the 7’s and 8’s.

I found that out the hard way going to Android phones.
[doublepost=1537532764][/doublepost]
Off-axis color shift still there?
Yes. That’s a trait of all OLED phone displays I’ve seen so far. Some display it more severely than others.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
same so angry, why why why apple my x was ok after 4 changes, I only like the look at an angle

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
people that say its moaning no you look at the display all the time so its nice to not have to look at an angle, is it true about the glue will it change

lancastor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
The colors are changing from white to yellow and from yellow to white when you move it a few millimeters.

And upper screen white is white and on the lower screen (keyboard keys) are yellow. When you move the screen the keys are getting white.

I think I will return the device. I think its not an issue of the screen. I think its an OLED issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.