Here's a Look at Some of the Black Friday Apple Deals Coming to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Nov 14, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With a little over one week until Black Friday -- the popular shopping holiday in the United States -- most of the major retailers have shared the deals you can expect to see when you're out shopping or online next Friday, November 24. Because we're so close to some of the best deals of the year on multiple Apple products and accessories, as usual it's worth being aware that you may want to hold off on making purchases or taking advantages of sales in the days leading up to Black Friday.

Thanks to deal leaks and official announcements, our Black Friday Roundup already has a pretty good idea of the sales you can expect on Apple products next week from places like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. Below we've rounded up some of the best sales that have been announced for each retailer, along with the times you can expect to show up at each store. Note that many deals overlap, so it'll come down to personal preference and location for which retailer you choose to purchase from.

Best Buy

Like many other retailers, Best Buy's Black Friday sale actually starts on Thursday, kicking off at 5:00 p.m. local time on Thanksgiving, November 23. Stores will then close at 1:00 a.m. local time before opening up again at 8:00 a.m. local time on Black Friday. One of this year's most notable sales (across most retailers) is for the 2017 9.7-inch iPad Pro with 32GB of storage, at just $250 for the Wi-Fi only model.

[​IMG]
    [*]32GB 9.7-inch iPad (2017) will be available for $249.99, a discount of $80 off of the regular price of the device.
    [*]10.5-inch iPad Pro models will also be available for up to $150 off.
    [*]The 128GB iPad mini 4 will be available for $274.99, a discount of $125 off of the regular price.
    [*]Select MacBook Pro models will be discounted by as much as $250 off.
    [*]15 percent off Apple-branded iPhone Cases
    [*]Up to $30 off Apple Watch bands
    [*]Buy one get one 30 percent off iTunes Gift Cards

Target

Target will open its doors slightly later than Best Buy, at 6:00 p.m local time on Thursday, November 23. However, the store will close at midnight and then re-open a bit earlier than Best Buy on Friday, November 24 at 6:00 a.m. If you're looking for an Apple Watch, and are okay with investing in an older generation model, Target will have one of the best discounts running this Black Friday with Series 1 models at just $180.

[​IMG]
    [*]Apple Watch Series 1 models at prices that start at $179.99, a discount of $70 off of the regular starting price of $249.99.
    [*]Get a free $250 Target Gift Card with the purchase of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus on an installment plan from Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T.
    [*]The 10.5-inch iPad Pro will start at $529.99, a discount of $120 over the regular starting price of $649.99.
    [*]The 32GB 9.7-inch iPad (2017) will also be available for $249.99, $80 off the regular price of $329.99 (matching Best Buy).
    [*]Buy one get one 30 percent off iTunes Gift Cards
    [*]Beats Studio Wireless Headphones for $159.99, down from $379.99
    Walmart

Walmart's Black Friday sales will kick off at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 in Walmart stores. Deals will be available all day online.

[​IMG]
    [*]Get a $300 Walmart Gift Card with the purchase of an iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus on AT&T Next or a Verizon Device Payment plan (limited to in-store)
    [*]Straight Talk Wireless 32GB iPhone 6 available for $129, a $70 discount off of the regular price.
    [*]Walmart plans to offer the 32GB 9.7-inch iPad (2017) for $249, down from the regular price of $329.
    Of course, there are many other announced sales coming next week, including some at eBay, Newegg, Staples, Macy's, and more. Be sure to check out our Black Friday Roundup to keep an eye on any discounts you're looking for this year, which will also include hundreds of popular apps for iOS and macOS as the shopping event gets closer.

Article Link: Here's a Look at Some of the Black Friday Apple Deals Coming to Best Buy, Target, and Walmart

2. daveup2bat macrumors member

daveup2bat

Best deal is the $159 for Beats Studio3 Wireless headphones!

3. craigmak macrumors newbie

Agreed but I’m guessing it will be the studio 2 not the 3.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

The 9.7 2017 iPad for $250.00 is ridiculously inexpensive.

5. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

I clicked the link it went straight to the 3 page on the Target website, I mean, I hope it is, but, it seems that it may be too good to be true.

6. cb3 macrumors newbie

This gives me time to work on my pushing and shoving skills.:p

7. zantafio macrumors member

8. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

Sharpen up those elbows! I'll be waiting until Cyber Monday :)

9. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

10. satchmo macrumors 68000

I think the Series 1 watch for $179 is crazy cheap.
    Surprised, there's absolutely nothing on Series 3, though. Like not even $20 off.

11. dbrewer80221 macrumors regular

12. cube, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017

cube macrumors G5

Best Buy will sell a 50" SHARP 4K Smart TV for $180 (but in America it is probably really Hisense).

13. makowb macrumors member

Attached Files:

• bf.PNG
      bf.PNG
      File size:
      461.8 KB
      Views:
  14. BugeyeSTI macrumors 6502

BugeyeSTI

Anyone know if you can use the $300 gift card towards the purchase of the 8 or 8+?

15. 78Bandit macrumors 6502

I think they mail you the gift card after the phone is activated. Given AT&T's activation server issues I wouldn't be betting on getting it activated that night. In fact, I think you've got until the 26th to get it done and qualify for the gift card.

In any event, the fine print says "Offer and prices good Nov 23-26, activation must take place by Nov 26th. Gift card valid for future purchases only.", so no, you can't use it on the phone.

16. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Politely, I would call that reasonably priced rather than ridiculously inexpensive.

17. Relentless Power, Nov 14, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You're correct, Series 1 for $179.00 is excellent. And it offers almost everything somebody would need with the exception of the GPS and water resistance, and you still have the faster S2 processor.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 ---
    Disagree. Reasonably Priced is what an entry-level iPad is Listed at $329 for what you're receiving by MSRP. Given the fact that this is the lowest I have seen this specific iPad at $250, it's ridiculously inexpensive for an Apple product that will meet the majority of consumers usage for that price point, which likely wouldn't be found any cheaper aside from further discounts.

18. Sill macrumors 6502a

I loathe going in to Walmart, but that $300 gift card for getting an iPhone X would be fantastic. When the card comes in I'd go right back to the store and either get another Watch (microphone quit on my original) plus a case for the iPhone X, or throw that money at a 10.5 Pro.

19. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

I understand what you're saying, but for some folks $329 is a lot. I'll politely disagree about $329 or $250 being reasonable considering the age of some of those parts. At any rate, $249.99 is cheaper than what Apple charges so it's an okay deal for that iPad. Trying to ask Apple to lower prices while the almighty bean counter is in control is not going to happen.

Then again, I was foolish enough to hand over far more than this for two iDevices I do not use enough for them to be worth the expense. Will not pay northwards of $1k on any Apple product except a Mac ever again.

It's all relative. It might be cheap for an Apple product, but it's not cheap enough for me.

20. KingslayerG5 macrumors 6502a

KingslayerG5

Don't forget $99 iPhone SE from Walmart. I'm thinking of getting another one to replace my $30 Moto E 4G for GPS since the Moto is getting laggy. No intention to unlock the $99 SE.

IMG_0092.PNG

21. switcher3365 macrumors regular

Can someone verify if you have to open a NEW account with AT&T, Verizon, etc. in order to get the deal? I know that has been the case in the past with some of the gift card deals at Walmart and Target. I don’t want to have to switch providers if I end up buying.

22. KingslayerG5 macrumors 6502a

KingslayerG5

So far the best deal for the X.

Hmm..maybe. Then use the gift card to buy a Nintendo Switch or Microsoft Xbox One S.

23. Relentless Power, Nov 14, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

You stated $239 is a lot, which I think any Apple hardware product tends to be expensive. But what about the fact that many likely don't have all the needs and capabilities for the price point of an entry-level iPad Pro? That's unaffordable for many as well, so it seems your definition of affordable is rather subjective. It's not just about the price point of an entry-level iPad, it's about the iOS support, hardware build and customer service that is included as well. Considering the iPad is the most popular tablet on the market, I commend Apple for implementing the 2017 9.7 iPad at a lower market tier. Especially considering the fact that They have never had an iPad this inexpensive before.

Also, the fact that Apple is offering an alternative entry-level price point for somebody that wants to experience an iPad, is a brilliant move and it creates diversity in the iPad line up. And then when you factor in that Black Friday discount at almost $85, that's inexpensive and more budget friendly for those who have no need for the higher their Pro's, which might find this discounted iPad more affordable.

24. krause734 macrumors 6502

krause734

It's all marketing. The "New iPad" is essentially an iPad Air 1 released in 2013 with a few minor upgrades. Sure it's a bargain compared to an iPad Pro but "ridiculously inexpensive" does not accurately describe anything Apple makes IMO. It just appears that way since they're ridiculously expensive most of the time.

25. Sill macrumors 6502a

Yeah, its an iPad at an Android price point, without the aggravation of actually owning an Android device. :)