heres a thought...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ben173, Jun 11, 2011.

1. ben173 macrumors regular

:apple:do you guys think the iphone 5/4gs could be released this wensday with the macbook air?:apple:

2. celticpride678

I don't think so. Apple would hold an event to announce the next iPhone.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

The iPhone has become one of Apple's flagship devices and is only updated once a year (though, most Apple products follow this pattern) but it seems likely they would make a big deal about a new iPhone launch.

4. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No. The new iPhone would be launched to coincide with the public release of iOS 5, ie: around September.

5. bmms8 macrumors 68020

Seriously, you need to stop making useless threads. It's getting old and it's wasting space on MR.

6. ben173, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011

ben173 thread starter macrumors regular

then dont look threw my threads and i don't think mr cares about the space because every vist or every thread they make money

7. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

8. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

The last couple of years have shown that Apple can't do anything without some details of it leaking out beforehand. Since we've heard absolutely nothing about an iPhone launch next week, I would say its not a possibility.

9. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Aren't you the same poster asking for confirmation on the iPhone 5 release date?

You're also the same person that just bought their iPhone 4 a few days ago..
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1167490

How about you learn to enjoy what you have and stop making useless threads please.

10. ben173 thread starter macrumors regular

there not useless....

11. Jare, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

I'm not going to hi-jack your thread and turn it into a flame war/argument, but I will tell you this.

For starters, you don't need to create a thread for every thought that pops into your head. Second, no one here on this forum knows or will ever know anything about the next iPhone(s). Our best guess is looking at the home page for rumors, otherwise EVERYONE knows about as much as you do. Which means nothing.

So I ask, please just stop. No more useless threads.

12. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I think we need this message as a popup whenever people click the New Thread button

EDIT: fixed it for you Jare :)

13. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Would have been cooler if you quoted my non-spelling mistake post :rolleyes: ;) :p

Edit: haha thanks boss.king :p

14. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

15. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You may not need to make a new thread for every thought, but I'd definitely say that we...

Wait...

Gonna go make a new thread for this.

16. Ole55 macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 (or 4S maybe) is coming September-ish, but the fact Apple didn't make a big song & dance about it in the WWDC keynote (or, indeed, mention it at all) suggests confirmation of what everyone else already suspects - this time round, the improvements are going to be largely iOS based, not hardware, and therefore it's not worth shouting from the rooftops about. Yes, it'll have a better camera (8Mpx?). Yes, we'll probably get full 1080p HD video recording. Yes, the processor will be faster. Yes, it'll look a bit different to iPhone 4 (including, almost certainly, reverting to a polished aluminium case-back to act as the receiver to avoid a repeat the iPhone 4 "you have to hold it this way" nonsense). But much more than that... I doubt.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Absolutely. Don't listen to all these Negative Nancy's here.

18. mortenandersen, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

mortenandersen macrumors 6502

Unnecessary threads make the Forum more of a mess

I must say that I fully agree with this (and the other posts) that try and give the thread starter some really good advice. What is very disappointing though, is that the thread starter does not seem to be able to receive and understand this benign and good-intentional critique.

Also I hereby try to appeal to the thread starter's (hopefully) rational and reality oriented capacity. His defence of himself makes no sense; it is completely irrational and blocks future rational actions from him.

BTW, I am sorry for this off-topic post.

19. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Here's a thought: review the FAQ/Rules before you post again.:(