Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cam Elppa

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2021
Interestingly in a “Truth be told” scenes shopping Poppy Parnels laptop doesn’t have the Apple logo on the back, but it is definitely a MacBook Pro as the front side has a Touch Bar. Would be interested to know why they had chosen to make the entire back of the MacBook solid metal and no apple cut out...

JJL2026

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2021

Apple today shared a trailer for its original film "CODA" and greenlit its first-ever French-language original series, titled "Liaison."

CODA is a critically acclaimed Apple TV+ original film that tells the story of a 17-year-old girl named Ruby, played by Emilia Jones, who is the sole hearing member of a deaf family, nicknamed "CODA," or "child of deaf adults.""CODA" is written and directed by Siân Heder, who directed and wrote one episode of the ‌Apple TV+‌ series "Little America" called "The Silence." CODA was presented in the U.S. Dramatic Competition category at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival, and in total won four awards at Sundance. The film premieres on Apple TV+ and in select theaters later this year on August 13.

In addition, Apple today greenlit "Liaison" as its first French-language original series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

liaison-first-look.jpg

Liaison will be a high-stakes contemporary thriller starring Vincent Cassel and Eva Green, featuring a mix of English and French dialogue. The series will explore "explore how the mistakes of our past have the potential to destroy our future." According to The Hollywood Reporter, "The series blends action with an unpredictable, multi-layered plot in which espionage and political intrigue play out against a story of passionate and enduring love."

Article Link: Apple Shares Trailer for 'CODA' and Greenlights First French-Language Series

Coda was not an Apple production
I think we are talking about different movies…

Denzo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Australia
I'm only a couple of episodes into "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu. I've seen just as many if not more Apple products in there than any show on AppleTV+. So either it doesn't matter the platform, or the creators of that show reeeeaaaaallllyyyyy had hoped to sell the series to Apple!
Watch Ted Lasso. There’s literally no more room for apple products unless they do an episode where he visits an apple store, decides to leave coaching and start working at the Genius Bar.

Mr. Jenkins

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2021
As much as I love Ted Lasso, the product placement is very apparent, especially in the S02. I don’t mind that Apple promotes it’s own products on Apple TV+, but I don’t want to feel that the script is adaptated to call out Apple products or services (Coach Beard who shares an iCloud account, Ted who says he would have bought Apple stock, etc.). It was more subtil on The Morning Show
I love Ted Lasso but the product placement is definitely obvious and overwhelming. I almost want to describe the show as a sitcom about iPhones.

Reactions: fwmireault

bobtem

Suspended
Jun 5, 2017
Apple should do their own spoof series, like NBC did with 30-rock. They could poke fun at new products they are developing - and we the audience wouldn’t really know if it’s a joke. Oh the fun.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Only Murderers In the Building shows so much Apple stuff that I wondered if it once seemed destined Apple+ before ending up at Hulu. It's a great show, by the way.

_heyjhoow

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2021
I bet we’re 3 episodes away from watching the sighted discovering an old Mac in “See”.
Don’t be silly.
They’re probably “in the way” of finding an Apple Store completely full.

I love the series that Apple has put on TV+, but I really think they’ll find a way to insert it’s products on a lot of episodes, in as many series they can

EuroChilli

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2021
Belgium
Wooow....Apple placed their own products in their own TV show....what a clever idea.

Maybe we can turn Ted Lasso into a drinking game, each drinker picks a device before you start a random episode. As with the movie 'In Brugge' where you drink every time they say the F word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.