Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Here's How You Can Download iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Around the World [It's Out]

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Well my phone froze in the middle of the iOS 14 welcome screens while I was confirming my CC data?!?! Did I miss any other setup?

kb923689

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2019
I waited all afternoon for this update. It's installed. I only set Chrome as the default browser and played with the Widgets. Tomorrow when I have the time, I will do a proper reset and play with the update.

MacinMan

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL
Both my iPad, and iPhone, and Apple TVs are all up to date now. A welcome screen was mentioned in a post here. I didn't get any welcome screen on my devices other than for the app store and a few other updated apple apps. Was I supposed to? Both iPhone, and iPad state I'm up to date on 14, and things with the exception of the updates are how they were under iOS 13.7. I did an in place upgrade on both devices, and to my knowledge everything seems to be working as expected. Is the Welcome screen only for clean installs ?

typeadam

macrumors regular
May 16, 2010
I'm EST and still don't see it. However I never updated to 13.7 - that a prerequisite? Still at work so haven't had the chance to check TV or iPad yet

markedlymac

macrumors member
May 24, 2018
All I care about is bugfixes. There are so many goddamn bugs in iOS 13 on my particular years-old model of iPhone.

Update: I'm very happy to say it fixed one of my biggest daily bugs in iOS!!

Last edited:

iStorm

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Why say “around the world”?
It’s the same steps literally everywhere
MacRumors changed the title and article, but didn’t rename it the best. It was originally something like “Here’s When You Can Download iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Around the World”, and the article listed the times it would be in popular cities around the world. They got the time wrong, hence the long thread and edited article.

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
View attachment 953902
Germany is the economic powerhouse. France is the military powerhouse. Italy and Greece are the cultural origins. Spain is the metropoli of the hispanic world.

Sorry mate, I think everybody agreed on Brussels precisely because it doesn't matter. No offense.

Ow, you're taking this stuff serious? Good for you! You must be the light of every party!

Reactions: OldRhodie

-BigMac-

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
MacRumors changed the title and article, but didn’t rename it the best. It was originally something like “Here’s When You Can Download iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Around the World”, and the article listed the times it would be in popular cities around the world. They got the time wrong, hence the long thread and edited article.
Fair enough lol thanks :)

dynAdZ

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2016
Germany
Greetings;

Where can you find these settings? Thank you.

I can't find it either. Perhaps it requires an app which installs the configuration for you. Previously I understood you could just enter a DNS server by yourself, but that might not be the case. Apparently NextDNS is currently testing corresponding app changes in TestFlight and I expect other apps like AdGuard, Cloudflare to implement this as well.
I'm a bit sad about this however.

return2sendai

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2018
Not available for me in Japan, as of Thursday at 23:00 Japan time. The listing said 02:00 Thursday morning Japan time. So, almost a day late.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.