Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NyMetsFan08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hey whats up here's is the deal for Macworld 2009. The Mac Mini will not get updated anymore because it has been a computer to get people to switch. The Mac Mini has been up for sale for a very long time and a lot of people already have switched and knows what the Mac OS X OS is like already. At Macworld 2009 there will be a new apple product with a new name no more Mac Mini. This will be a mid-size apple tower not a Mac Pro with a cheaper price around the $1000 range. People want a mid-size tower that will do the work like an iMac which of course a cheaper price. There will be no more mac mini because of the new apple product. If this does not happen then the apple tv will merge with the mini if that's the case. Overall, I do not see an update for a Mac Mini because either one of these will happen. Also No Blu-ray at all for the Apple Computers because it is not needed and a waste on a computer only good for HDTV. There will also be no Mac Tablet because if there is that is way out in the future. Who knows maybe a Apple HDTV?. That is the rundown I think for MacWorld 2009.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
The Mac Mini will not get updated anymore because it has been a computer to get people to switch. The Mac Mini has been up for sale for a very long time and a lot of people already have switched and knows what the Mac OS X OS is like already. At Macworld 2009 there will be a new apple product with a new name no more Mac Mini. This will be a mid-size apple tower not a Mac Pro with a cheaper price around the $1000 range. People want a mid-size tower that will do the work like an iMac which of course a cheaper price. There will be no more mac mini because of the new apple product.
Your saying what many other people on the Internet and in these forums are saying.

If this does not happen then the apple tv will merge with the mini if that's the case.
Again with the repeating.

Also No Blu-ray at all for the Apple Computers because it is not needed and a waste on a computer only good for HDTV.
Repeating what Steve Jobs said publicly in an interview.

There will also be no Mac Tablet because if there is that is way out in the future.
Again with the repeating of Steve Jobs.

Try being original and predict something new and different or something not publicly announced in an interview of Steve Jobs.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
The iMac does pretty well in the market, right?

Steve Jobs mentioned customers prefer all-in-one computers (e.g. iMac and MacBook-line). I doubt that there will be a mid-size desktop.

Courtaj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2008
Edinburgh, U.K.
Hey whats up here's is the deal for Macworld 2009. The Mac Mini will not get updated anymore . . . . At Macworld 2009 there will be a new apple product with a new name no more Mac Mini. . . .There will be no more mac mini because of the new apple product. . . . Overall, I do not see an update for a Mac Mini . . . .
Yeah, but will there be a new Mac Mini?

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Here's the deal.

Brace yourself...

No, there won't. The original Macintosh 128k was an all-in-one because Steve doesn't like the idea of the end-user being able to upgrade the machine.

He totally hasn't changed his mind about that. There won't be an easy-to-upgrade, cheap, xMac.

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
I don't mind "I think x, y, z will happen" but just making guesses and garnishing them as if they were fact is irritating.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Sorry, I think your predictions fall short, kind of like the Mets every September. ;)

Cander

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
I doubt Steve Jobs is a NY Mets fan so I will pass on putting any faith in this 'prediction'.

:cool:

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
While I think that the mini will be discontinued. All evidence seems to point to that. I really don't think that apple will be making a mid range tower any time soon. I would like to be wrong. But it is unlikely that apple would make a computer that would reduce the sales of both iMac and mac pro. And I don't think they could get away with charging apple type prices for a mid range tower.

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
I was waiting for something to fill the gap between a mini and a mac Pro. Finally gace up waiting for the mid sized tower and just did what Steve wants and bought a 24" imac

riker1384

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
West Coast
Here's the deal.

Brace yourself...

No, there won't. The original Macintosh 128k was an all-in-one because Steve doesn't like the idea of the end-user being able to upgrade the machine.

He totally hasn't changed his mind about that. There won't be an easy-to-upgrade, cheap, xMac.
What about the Apple II?

What's the deal with the secrecy anyway? I can understand protecting something that's revolutionary like the Ipod, but why do they do that with ordinary, mundane product updates? Is there any valid reason other than to **** with people who are trying to figure out when to upgrade? I'm building a Hackintosh and if they really were planning on coming out with a tower I might wait. I'm not going to wait if I don't know.

Umbongo

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2006
England
What about the Apple II?

What's the deal with the secrecy anyway? I can understand protecting something that's revolutionary like the Ipod, but why do they do that with ordinary, mundane product updates? Is there any valid reason other than to **** with people who are trying to figure out when to upgrade? I'm building a Hackintosh and if they really were planning on coming out with a tower I might wait. I'm not going to wait if I don't know.

So the competition don't know what is comming.
Incase they can't deliver the product or features on schedule.
So sales of existing systems don't stall.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
I don't think Apple needs to make a 'headless' imac for a little under $1,000. People are buying the iMac all the time. If you want an imac but without the screen, you buy the mini or you buy the powermac. That's the market. I think Apple is doing fine with that market. Apple doesn't really want the market of people who want to upgrade every component in their computer. That's what windows computers are for

EasyRider

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2008
It seems like every month NyMetsFan08 posts another "here's the deal" telling when the mini will be updated.

Aug 19, 2008: There Is Going To Be A New Re-Designed Mac Mini or New Apple Product.

Aug 26, 2008: Mac Mini and New iPod Nano On Sept. 9th

Oct 2, 2008: "One More Thing" Mac Mini Refreshed on October 14th.

OP, please stop just making stuff up and posting.

haha, great post!

I am trying to get our office to go all Mac but without that midlevel tower or updated mac mini we are not able to. Most people use dual monitors, no 2nd monitor looks nice with the iMac because of that iMac chin. Mini needs to be updated and it would work perfect. Macpro is too expensive for basic computing needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.