Heritage Dr. Pepper

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SPNarwhal, May 19, 2012.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

Hey guys, so I'm on a search for information.

Subject: Heritage Dr. Pepper (Soda)

Have you guys ever seen this? Dr. Pepper with real sugar.
    I'm trying to figure out if this was a limited edition thing, or if it all depends on region. I know it was region specific, and I know it was on both coasts of the US. I bought this last time I was down in Florida last year, but this year it was gone. I know that the west coast had it more distributed.

(Not to be confused with Dublin Dr. Pepper, or Anniversary Dr. Pepper, although I would like to know about those as well.)

Anywho, if you've seen this stuff in stores, can you please tell me

1.) When
    2.) Which store
    and
    3.) Which state (and city if you want to get that in depth)

Thank you thank you thank you.

P.S: I've created the (hopefully) official Heritage Dr. Pepper Facebook page, and could really use some support / likes.

www.facebook.com/HeritageDrPepper

Thanks again. :)

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Is this like Mexican Coke, made with real cane sugar??

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Sadly, Dublin Dr Pepper is no more. They lost a lawsuit that the Dr Pepper parent company filed against them. Heritage Dr Pepper is basically Dr Pepper with cane sugar that the parent company will be selling instead of Dublin Dr Pepper. I have actually seen the Heritage stuff in Texas before. I'll be going there for Memorial Day, so I'll look for some.

4. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

I live on the west coast of Florida and I know what you are talking about.

They had "throwback" versions of PepsiCo products that were made with real sugar instead of HFCS. They also had vintage packaging. If i remember, there was Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and one or two others.

I saw them in Publix here in Florida, but didn't give them much of a second look because I don't drink soda. But come to think of it, I haven't seen those throwback cases of soda in a few months. Probably the last time I saw it was January 2012.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

Saw it last summer sometime, like June-August months (2011).

Chicago, IL

7/11s for sure. Perhaps my local grocery store (non chain).

Pepsi still has the throwback ones in stock at the 7/11 across the street from my office downtown. They also have a Pepsi Max I think with 60% less calories and sugar. Trying to get that balance between Diet and regular. I think it works a lot better than Dr. Pepper 10. I tried it for kicks and it tasted just like Diet Dr. Pepper. Disappointment.

6. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

It's stocked regularly in the King Soopers (kroger) in the boulder county area here in Colorado.

7. elistan macrumors 6502a

Various stores around North Texas sell 8oz (or 6oz?) glass bottles of cane suger Dr P for about $7 per six-pack. It is bottled and distributed, I think, by the Plano Dr Pepper bottling company.

I don't know of any "heritage Dr P" available in the area.

I don't buy it because of its price, and because I'm diappointed in the Dublin situation. (Which I used to mail order. With shipping, it was about $4.50 for a six-pack of 12oz cans.)

Instead, I now get "Dr B" cane-sugar soda from Central Market (aka HEB.)

8. qijianjonathan, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  9. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Yep.

Last I was in the US - about a month ago - I bought some near Monterrey, CA. I think every Fry's in TX carries it as well, too.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Target and Wal-mart gets them all on and off. I have seen them several times this year. Last month at Target I picked up MD!