Heroes Season 3 CAUTION SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 204467, Sep 13, 2008.

1. 204467 macrumors 6502a

NOTE: In case you did not get it from the title of the thread, THERE ARE SPOILERS HERE! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

So, the third season of Heroes comes out in a little over a week, here's a link to view the trailer if anyone is interested (I know I am!). I think this season looks even better than the first one, I just hope it will draw me in as much as the first one did. So, voice your opinions of how it looks, or any speculations as to what will happen. Personally, I have no idea what's going to happen, but I think a lot of cool powers will be revealed and since Sylar got his powers back, we'll see him kick some more ass again (he's one of my favorite villains, not just for Heroes, but in general).

P.S. As always, 10 awesome points will be rewarded to the first person who tells me who said this and where.

"I'm sorry. This is the fun-vee. The hum-drum-vee is back there."

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) in Iron Man

3. iwuzbord macrumors 6502

iwuzbord

im super excited!!!

i think that theyre going to spotlight the company and the other villains of the series. that includes the people a part of it, and the people wanting to bring it down. i think that not only will skylar be a huge part of it, but also maya, and adam,bob, and i think they might go into more about the origins of the shanti virus

4. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

10 awesome points for you, good sir or ma'am.

Not to be nitpicky, but it's Sylar not Skylar. I really hope Maya is not big this season, I didn't really like her. I much preferred her brother, only he's dead now. It would be cool to learn the backstory on some of the concepts in the show, like the Shanti virus, along with the characters, like the original members of the Company (and what they could do/did! Gah, I want to know what their powers are so badly!)

5. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

I hope Heroes does really well this Monday. It seems that the Emmys and stupid Dancing with the Stars. I am so excited!!!!!

6. Motley macrumors 6502

I'm considering not even watching after the crap that was last season.

7. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Oh yeah Heroes is starting again! ... the writers strike kind of made the second season a little too brief and they might have lost viewers over that. Unfortunately I think Heroes (and Lost for that matter) will have to prove themselves all over again to many viewers, both these shows have had timing issues between episodes/seasons that have eroded the fan base. Too bad because they both hold so much potential.

8. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It wasn't crap; see below post.

I really agree. I know the second season was nowhere near as good as the first one and that was due to the writer's strike. Hopefully, now that there are writers and stuff, we'll see the best drama/serial/superhero show ever made.

9. 204467 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Season Three starts Monday, everyone...I just don't know, does it start at 8:00 PM Eastern on NBC or 9:00 PM Eastern on NBC? I know there's a weird schedule for Monday's episode, given the fact that it's the season premier.

10. timerollson macrumors 65816

The season has gotten off to a great start.

I'm kind of annoyed they brought back Nikki. Hopefully, her annoying little son and that New Orleans storyline is finished. It was awful.

11. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I loved S1. hated S2 and stopped watching the before it was over so I watched last night with a little trepidation but I enjoyed the heck out of it. Looks like the writers went out of the way to make up for S2. Not sure about BrundleMohinder but overall, I was quite happy. Welcome back.

12. bbbensen macrumors 6502

I havent read the thread in fear of spoilers, but its amazing.

The first episode is almost over. Cant wait for the rest of the season! :p

EDIT: Finished it. Oh My God. It was fantastic.

Best show ever.

13. angelneo macrumors 68000

Do I have to go through S2 to understand the new season? I watched season 1 but not really looking forward to viewing season 2.

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

So what happened? Anyone want to do a lightning summary?

15. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Nathan Pitrelli's speech causes a backlash against the "Special" folks
    Peter goes back in time to stop it from happening by killing Nathan.
    We find out later that it's not really Peter but someone else in his body

Claire is visited by Sylar and he takes her powers. He also tells her that she is special and can never die. We finally find out that he looks at their brains to get the powers. Pretty funny scene where she asks if he's going to eat it and he replies "That's disgusting"...

Maya asks Mohindar to help her. He has a Eureka moment and figures out that the pituitary gland generates the enzyme that causes the Heroes to be special. He is able to extract it from Maya and ultimately injects himself. He now has super strength, but its obvious that it's not right by the second episode.

Nikki is back with a new personality and is discovered by a reporter digging up the dirt. She freezes him (that's new) and he dies. She's an assistant / sleeping with the governor of NY and looking to recruit Nathan to the Senate? Not really sure if she knows who she really is or not. Hint's of her old personality seemed to creep in there when she killed the reporter.

Sorry this is so disjointed, but I'm in the speed round here ;)

Nathan gets shot and dies on the table, but is brought back by the Bad? Peter (Not really clear that he did bring him back). Nathan claims to have found God and is now supposedly doing his bidding.

Matt was at the press conference when Nathan was shot. He later finds the gun that Bad Peter stashed away and confronts him (not knowing it was bad Peter) and gets sent to the African Desert. Ultimately another person finds him before he perishes in the desert and it turns out this guy paints things too.

Sylar goes to Level 5 in the old paper factory to grab up all the powers of the most powerful villains they have locked in there. He kills Elle's Dad and run's into Elle down in level 5. He tries to get her powers and she unleashes a lightning bolt on his butt...

The surge knocks out power and all the bad guys escape (including good Peter who is stuck in someone else's body).

The big surprise comes when Nathan's mother tells Sylar (now captured) that she is his mother.

Hiro was given half of a formula left to him by his father. He tells him to never open the safe that it is stored in, but curiosity gets the best of him and he opens it to see what's inside. A young woman with super speed snatches it and is impervious to his time stopping abilities. They chase her to get the formula back (Hiro and Ando). At one point Hiro goes into the future to see if the missing Formula has any affect and sees Ando killing him (Hiro) in the future.

I think that about covers it. :D

16. 7on macrumors 601

7on

They actually did two episodes last night. "Heroes: to be continued.." And then "NOW" faded onto the screen. Epic.

Anyway, Spoilers! but since the thread title has it, I'm sure none would mind.

Peter from the future comes back and shoots Nathan. Nathan is revived by the Ghost of Linderman? I don't know if he's a ghost, but Nathan is the only one who can see him. Future Peter hides Current Peter in the body of a criminal(villain) being kept in the "Company".

Sylar steals Claire's ability, We see how he takes power - basically just runs his hands over the brain using his "clockmaker's" ability and figures out how it works and is able to just replicate the power. However, after getting Claire's ability he tells her she's special and can ever die.

Sylar kills Bob, try's to kill Bob's daughter but she "explodes" sending out a electric energy burst. Good for her, but bad in general because she accidentally frees all the criminals in the "Company" including Current Peter trapped in another's body (he doesn't have access to his own powers like this).

Future Peter gets all confused that this wasn't suppose to happen (he only went back in time to stop Nathan from revealing their powers and to keep them from being experimented on in the future, now his future is worse). Peter's mom is now the head of the "Company" with Bob's death. And she keeps telling Future Peter to go back where he came from (her power, we discover, is dreaming the future - as was Peter's first power in the 1st season - duhduhduuuuun!)

Niki is now Tracy somebody and has a freezing ability...?

Mohinder discovers that the trait is present in adrenaline and injects himself with the "crying" girl's isolate adenaline and gets super strength... but is becoming Jeff Goldbum from "The Fly"

Oh and Hiro gets this "secret" formula stolen from this girl who can move real fast. And he sees the future where everyone has powers and Ando "energy blasts him for the formula". SOoooo he treats Ando as someone who potentially kills him in the future.

Leave anything out?

17. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I saw last night's episode and I think they were trying to do a "hard boot" after the truncated 2nd season. I will watch more, but I found all the references to the time gap between season 2 and the new season a bit annoying.

Did anyone else recognize the reporter that was hounding Nikki? The actors name is William Katt; I (and maybe some of you) might remember a show he did in the 80's "The Greatest American Hero" having him on the show made me smile. :)

18. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I'm not so sure that Niki is Tracy. Especially given the freezing ability. Maybe Tracy is Jessica in real life, not trapped inside Niki? We definitely need more info on this.

19. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I think she just has multiple personality disorder and with each personality she gets a new power.

20. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Certainly, you could be right. I did a little digging and here's some relevant info:

This was from an interview with Tim Kring and Jeph Loeb in a November 7 issue of TV guide.

This is from the Heroes Wiki.

Maybe they're adding a new element to her personality disorder, or maybe Tracy really is somebody else. We also saw the actress Ali Larter in Mrs. Patrelli's dream as one of the bad guys. Was this Niki, Jessica or Tracy? Or all they all the same?

21. 7on macrumors 601

7on

True. She did just lose her husband. And didn't something happen to her son? I forget.

Of a more interesting note, is Mohinder turning into the Uru?

22. tinfai macrumors member

Agreed. Maya was one of the weaker and less interesting characters, IMO. I'm glad NBC is back on iTunes. Since the current season is not broadcast here in Asia, I can purchase the season pass of Heroes and watch each episode as they're released each week.

23. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

LOVED IT. LOVED IT. LOVED IT. I wanna go home right now, and look for everything I missed. It was worth staying up for.

Cant wait to see how Claire ended up at the dark side. I want Peter back on the good side. And Sylar, hmmmm, I think I like him better bad. LOL

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

How dare you leave out Kaito Nakamura's tape from his will, and Parkman and the turtle?!? Those two incidents alone were better than the slop they tried to pass off as 'jokes' from the Emmys! (and I didn't watch the Emmys, either!)

BL.

25. timerollson macrumors 65816

I'm probably in the minority with this one, but I think Hiro is annoying as well as the introduction of quirky speedy girl.

I'd much rather the darker overtones of the other characters. Everytime they pan to the aforementioned, I'm just like UGH!