Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
So I'm no fan of Hershey chocolate ever since I was little. I haven't had a taste for a long time now since my experience with the Hershey brand has just been awful despite its popularity. Just now I had a go at a Hershey nugget. So my question is, why does Hershey chocolate taste freakishly like vomit? I mean honestly, it just tastes like vomit to me. It's god awful people!

Hasn't anybody at Hershey realize how bad their chocolate tastes? And please don't trollolol around telling me I had a bad or expired batch because I can assure you that it isn't the case. /end rant. :p

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
While it isn't the best American chocolate, it is good for cheap chocolate. Much better than Nestle's or that one that has a rabbit as a logo. I personally love Daffin's.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ok, thanks for sharing. Apparently there are lots of people who don't agree that Hersey's chocolate doesn't taste like vomit.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
I know everyone has their own taste pallet, but come on lol. What's next? Cilantro tastes heavenly? I say nay nay :D

@Intell - Give me the cheapest chocolate known to man, and I bet it'll taste exactly like chocolate should taste like. The most amazing chocolates are European imo, same goes for cars. And I'm an American myself thank you very much.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
...tastes like rubbish chocolate. I'm admittedly fussy though. I prefer dark chocolate, such as the ubiquitous but delicious Green & Black's 70%.

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
It tastes awful. No other way to put it. Fortunately it's pretty rare here, one small shop near me stock it. Tried it once to see what it was like, almost all of it ended up in the bin.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Hersheys is just disappointing. Then again, I had pretty high expectations of it, and was used to eating Cadburys.

fireshot91

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2008
Northern VA
^^^ True.

I'm no gigantic fan of chocolate, but I don't really mind Hershey's.

I really like Cadbury chocolates (And much prefer them over anything else). But Hershey's are cheap chocolate, that taste good for their price.

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
For a dollar(ish) I guess it tastes okay... I can't stand more than a few pieces of chocolate though (the little squares indented into the bar).

EmmEff

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ontario, Canada
It's chocolate, but a different type... tastes nothing like European/UK chocolate. I prefer Swiss or German chocolate, either milk or dark.

I've never been a fan of the flavour of Hershey's kisses.

Here in Canada, we have much better selection than the US, including North American Cadbury (again, different from UK Cadbury which is much higher in fat; fat == richness & flavour).

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
I actually like it.

To me its like a 5 dollar bottle of wine that you can drink and enjoy, its not as good as other more expensive wines, but I still buy it.

EmmEff

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ontario, Canada
To me its like a 5 dollar bottle of wine that you can drink and enjoy, its not as good as other more expensive wines, but I still buy it.

I agree, but for my money, if I'm going to buy "cheap" chocolate, there are far better choices for the same or similar price. Hell, the $0.99 German chocolate bars at IKEA at worlds better and cheaper...

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
I agree, but for my money, if I'm going to buy "cheap" chocolate, there are far better choices for the same or similar price. Hell, the $0.99 German chocolate bars at IKEA at worlds better and cheaper...

But what happens the rest of the time when you are not in IKEA?

a) I like cheap chocolate, but I don't hoard it
b) Most of the time, when you buy cheap chocolate is because you have a craving and your only choice is the convenience store.

When I do have a choice I buy chocolate made with cacao watered with unicorn tears and harvested by virgin princesses who are paid way above market price, locally of course, to give back 99% of the profits to the people of the community. And shipped to me via pigeon to reduce carbon footprint.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm more of a dark chocolate fan myself.

Me, too.

...tastes like rubbish chocolate. I'm admittedly fussy though. I prefer dark chocolate, such as the ubiquitous but delicious Green & Black's 70%.

Agree completely. Generally, I'm not a fan of chocolate, especially milk chocolate which I dislike intensely (and did so even as a child when, to everyone's surprise, I preferred dark chocolate). However, I do like dark chocolate, preferably 70-80% (even for me, 99% is too bitter). Green & Black's is very good, Lindt's, also. No, Hershey's is not for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.