Hershey chocolate tastes like__

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SchneiderMan, Mar 2, 2012.

1. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

So I'm no fan of Hershey chocolate ever since I was little. I haven't had a taste for a long time now since my experience with the Hershey brand has just been awful despite its popularity. Just now I had a go at a Hershey nugget. So my question is, why does Hershey chocolate taste freakishly like vomit? I mean honestly, it just tastes like vomit to me. It's god awful people!

Hasn't anybody at Hershey realize how bad their chocolate tastes? And please don't trollolol around telling me I had a bad or expired batch because I can assure you that it isn't the case. /end rant. :p

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

While it isn't the best American chocolate, it is good for cheap chocolate. Much better than Nestle's or that one that has a rabbit as a logo. I personally love Daffin's.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Ok, thanks for sharing. Apparently there are lots of people who don't agree that Hersey's chocolate doesn't taste like vomit.

4. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I know everyone has their own taste pallet, but come on lol. What's next? Cilantro tastes heavenly? I say nay nay :D

@Intell - Give me the cheapest chocolate known to man, and I bet it'll taste exactly like chocolate should taste like. The most amazing chocolates are European imo, same goes for cars. And I'm an American myself thank you very much.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

6. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

...tastes like rubbish chocolate. I'm admittedly fussy though. I prefer dark chocolate, such as the ubiquitous but delicious Green & Black's 70%.

8. SchneiderMan thread starter macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yeah not bad!

9. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I think in general, chocolate tastes horrible.

10. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

It tastes awful. No other way to put it. Fortunately it's pretty rare here, one small shop near me stock it. Tried it once to see what it was like, almost all of it ended up in the bin.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's not as good as the big Cadbury Dairy Milk bar, or the hazelnut, but still passable considering the price.

12. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

13. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Hersheys is just disappointing. Then again, I had pretty high expectations of it, and was used to eating Cadburys.

14. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I like any kind of chocolate. Especially Hershey. It's one of the all time greats.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Hershey Kisses are awesome. It's something I have always loved. :)

16. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

^^^ True.

I'm no gigantic fan of chocolate, but I don't really mind Hershey's.

I really like Cadbury chocolates (And much prefer them over anything else). But Hershey's are cheap chocolate, that taste good for their price.

17. decafjava macrumors 68020

decafjava

Swiss chocolate FTW. (There's more than just Toberlone btw).:cool:

18. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

For a dollar(ish) I guess it tastes okay... I can't stand more than a few pieces of chocolate though (the little squares indented into the bar).

19. EmmEff macrumors regular

It's chocolate, but a different type... tastes nothing like European/UK chocolate. I prefer Swiss or German chocolate, either milk or dark.

I've never been a fan of the flavour of Hershey's kisses.

Here in Canada, we have much better selection than the US, including North American Cadbury (again, different from UK Cadbury which is much higher in fat; fat == richness & flavour).

20. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

I actually like it.

To me its like a 5 dollar bottle of wine that you can drink and enjoy, its not as good as other more expensive wines, but I still buy it.

21. EmmEff macrumors regular

I agree, but for my money, if I'm going to buy "cheap" chocolate, there are far better choices for the same or similar price. Hell, the $0.99 German chocolate bars at IKEA at worlds better and cheaper...

22. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Yes it's not the highest quality, but I've always loved Hershey's Chocolate, especially Kisses

23. charlieroberts, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012

charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

But what happens the rest of the time when you are not in IKEA?

a) I like cheap chocolate, but I don't hoard it
    b) Most of the time, when you buy cheap chocolate is because you have a craving and your only choice is the convenience store.

When I do have a choice I buy chocolate made with cacao watered with unicorn tears and harvested by virgin princesses who are paid way above market price, locally of course, to give back 99% of the profits to the people of the community. And shipped to me via pigeon to reduce carbon footprint.

24. sigmadog macrumors 6502a

sigmadog

25. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Me, too.

Agree completely. Generally, I'm not a fan of chocolate, especially milk chocolate which I dislike intensely (and did so even as a child when, to everyone's surprise, I preferred dark chocolate). However, I do like dark chocolate, preferably 70-80% (even for me, 99% is too bitter). Green & Black's is very good, Lindt's, also. No, Hershey's is not for me.