Hey apple, fix the darned touch issues

Discussion in 'iPad' started by henchman, Mar 25, 2012.

1. henchman macrumors 6502a

When will Appple fix the problematic touch screen.
    I am constantly not getting certain characters to register.
    One of them is the O.
    I just observed the O going dark, because I touched it, yet it did NOT show up on the screen.

Fix this crap pease.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. henchman thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

LOLOLOL you do know that Apple doesn't own this site right? Go tell AppleCare or bring it to the store.

5. bwrairen macrumors 6502

I've had all three iPads, and heavily used them all. Never had a problem with the touchscreen on any of them.

6. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

How can a particular key on an on-screen keyboard be nonfunctional?? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Have you tried using the O key with the iPad in different orientations? Does it work in portrait but not in landscape?

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I've had no issues with my ancient iPad 1 / iOS 5.1 with the touchscreen. Your iPad 2 should be even better. If it's under warranty take it into Apple.

Maybe it's a particular app giving you grief?

8. danderton macrumors member

The screens in the iPad and iphonework off heat. Make sure your not touching with your nail or something?

9. henchman thread starter macrumors 6502a

If it registers as being touched, then I'm obviously not using my nail.

----------

Its not JUST the O.

10. bp1000 macrumors 65816

There is something wrong with your darned fingers.

11. henchman, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012

henchman thread starter macrumors 6502a

The keyboard shows I have touched a letter, but it doesn't get reflected on the screen.

12. doboy macrumors 68000

I don't think asking Apple to fix your problem on this forum will accomplish anything. It seems you have a defective unit that needs to be dealt with at the Apple store or by calling AppleCare.

13. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Just take it to an Apple store, as was previously suggested.

There isn't anything inherently wrong with the iPad design. I can personally vouch for 5 of them (3 1st gen, a 2, and a 3) (plus 10 iPhones - 1st through 4S).

(danderton, the touch panel works by sensing changes in capacitance when touched - not heat.)

Afterthought: are you expecting the character to pop up next to the key, like the iPhone does? The iPad doesn't do that, except for selecting special characters/symbols (after the same delay as the iPhone).

14. bp1000, Mar 26, 2012

bp1000 macrumors 65816

Think about it logically. The screen pressure and touch input is fine, you say it's registering your touch input but not displaying the character in text input. That's a software problem. As nobody has this problem it's either a phantom bug in your iOS version or you are the problem.

Try a hard reset
    Try typing more slowly, make sure you hit the right key etc
    Or else take it to the apple store

To reiterate if the keyboard is recognising the input it's not hardware. Which figures as its not a bargain bucket android tab and it isn't a common complaint.

15. meatballs macrumors 6502

Take it back because as far as I know this isn't an iOS bug. However, the crazy lagging when typing in URLs is :mad:

16. Digidesign macrumors 6502

You should call Apple and tell them you're having trouble achieving a big O by touch alone.

17. thelookingglass, Mar 26, 2012

thelookingglass macrumors 68000

In all my years of owning touchscreen Apple products, I've neither experienced nor even heard of this issue. Sounds like you have a lemon. Better take that into the Apple store.

18. glen e macrumors 68030

19. VFC macrumors 6502a

There is a capacitive wire grid under the glass. It is possible one of the x or y lines is not working.

BTW - You can see the grid under certain lighting conditions and angles.

20. danny_w macrumors 601

Would people please quit giving tyne OP such a hard time? He quite clearly states that the touch is registering by showing the key as depressed/darkened but it is not showing up in the text input, so it is not a touchscreen issue per se. I have had this very issue on every iOS device I have ever owned, and that is quite a few (most recent cases are my wife's iPad 2 and my new iPhone 4). This may not be a common issue but I always assumed that it was since I have seen it on every iDevice I have ever used.

21. soco macrumors 68030

soco

So he's going to come here and give people an attitude and not get one back?

Please. :rolleyes:

22. astrorider macrumors 6502

Maybe the touch is registered but when you lift your finger you're no longer on that key; so, the key goes dark but doesn't show on the screen.

23. joudbren macrumors regular

LOL! In the words of Larry the Cable Guy... "I don't care who ya are, that there's funny!"

J.

24. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

It's kind of important to know if this happens in all apps, just certain apps, or just a single app.

... and having an attitude will not encourage other forum members to want to help.

25. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Create a video.