Hey Siri sometimes unreliable

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by macguy11, Feb 15, 2018.

1. macguy11 macrumors member

I love my HomePod but the past few days it seems Siri has trouble hearing me. Especially over music. Will moving the speaker help this? Unplugging it? Do I have a lemon?

Anyone have any advice on how to make it reliable? My first thought was that it was the placement of the speaker.

2. macguy11 thread starter macrumors member

3. Hrodriguez77 macrumors member

Hrodriguez77

I’m having the same problem. I have to be almost yelling for hey Siri to activate while playing music at 50 - 60%. Granted, I am about 15 feet away but from the reviews I read before I purchased it, most people were able to activate it flawlessly without yelling. I’ve resorted to controlling my HP with my phone since my fiancé is getting sick of me yelling at the damn thing all day.

4. macguy11 thread starter macrumors member

Have you tried moving it? Any luck? That seem to have fixed my problem

5. Hrodriguez77 macrumors member

Hrodriguez77

I’m gonna try that tomorrow. It just sucks because there’s not much space in my place so I would have to move some things around. I’ll see if it helps.

6. macguy11 thread starter macrumors member

I think that’s probably why. It may have something to do with the way the microphones blast out depending on where it is in the room

7. rhyme macrumors regular

rhyme

I'm having a lot of trouble with Siri on HomePod. I tell her to pause (which usually works), make sure I speak loudly and clearly when requesting a song or playlist, and it usually still takes 4 or 5 tries before she gets it right. It's even worse if I am asking her to play music by a classical composer. I'm giving up and just using the HomePod as an AirPlay speaker, controlled from my phone.