Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I had taken my iPhone 3G to the Apple store for an issue I had with it. The first thing the Genius did was look at the headphone jack water sensor and declare I had gotten it wet and there was nothing he could do. The irony was I had never gotten liquid on it. I've heard that moisture that's naturally in the air turns the sensor pink over time, so it ends up looking like you got it wet.

I didn't know about the sensor on the dock connector. I've been keeping my iPhone upside-down in my pocket to protect the headphone jack. I guess I'm doomed either way....

84jeepjohn

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I had taken my iPhone 3G to the Apple store for an issue I had with it. The first thing the Genius did was look at the headphone jack water sensor and declare I had gotten it wet and there was nothing he could do. The irony was I had never gotten liquid on it. I've heard that moisture that's naturally in the air turns the sensor pink over time, so it ends up looking like you got it wet.

I didn't know about the sensor on the dock connector. I've been keeping my iPhone upside-down in my pocket to protect the headphone jack. I guess I'm doomed either way....

Me too!! Granted I had to send mine in, for an un-related issue but they tried to hit me on that. I told the lady I spoke to that my kids were jelous of how good I treated my 3G (mind u this was 3 months after I bought it). We went round and round but both external sensors were not triped just an internal one. It's frustrating cause this is an iPod also and I'm in central HUMID FL. And the military makes me exercise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.