Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Why is everyone saying "hurry and download it before Apple removes it"? Apple approved it. That's how it got added to the store in the first place.

The reviewers sometimes don't even review apps like they're supposed to. Things do slip through the cracks you know..

As Steve once said, “We're not perfect. We know that, you know that”

gri

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2004
New York City, aka Big Apple
Why is everyone saying "hurry and download it before Apple removes it"? Apple approved it. That's how it got added to the store in the first place.

Apple also approved the 10k (or whatever it was) diamont app and also a teathering app that apparently worked but dissapeared within in hour. There were a few.

nazaar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2008
This probably got missed by the bouncers at the door... I'm sure someone at iOS central will notice and it'll soon get removed.

Downloading as I type...

Last edited:

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011

Because they will soon remove it, I'd bet. As they have done to countless other apps they had approved: Bluetooth On/Off, various tethering apps, most game / platform emulators (iDOS, Gridlee etc.)

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia

You clearly do not understand how Apple operates... Also can you please tell me why Apple would intentionally allow users to disable all iAds, which is a massive stream of revenue for both Apple and developers?

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California

Just because it was originally approved by Apple does not mean that they need to always allow it in the store. They can easily remove it and once it's gone, it's gone.

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Such silliness...

If those apps bother you that much, just park them all on the final page of your icons--and never go there!

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
HOW do these pass the app store "evaluators"? LOL, the title alone is a dead give away.

I think this one was done pretty simple with a "remote" switch, once approved he changes a 0 to a 1 on a server script and hey more features.

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
Downloaded, but it seems like a real hack job. First two things I tried, it wanted to download additional apps. (one, it said, would fail to install and thus disable all iAds - seems very suspect. There's better things from Cydia)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.